Thank you for your service to our country. Albright College is proud to have a growing veteran population in our Accelerated Degree Programs. Albright College participates in the Yellow Ribbon program.
Albright College provides the following solutions for active duty military and veterans to help meet their academic needs:
- Potential to submit military and life experiences that may quality as college credits under Albright College’s Prior Learning Assessment tool called Academic Credit for Experiential Learning (ACEL).
- Ability for active duty military to take CLEP examinations for free* at multiple Albright College locations throughout Pennsylvania. Veterans may be eligible for reimbursement of CLEP examinations*through the Veterans Administration.
- Ability for veterans, active military and all ADP students to transfer DSST (formerly known as DANTES) exams towards a bachelor’s degree.
- Small class sizes that are tailored to adult learners. Our classes are developed to incorporate life and leadership skills into the classroom.
- Access to support services that include: writing center, online tutoring, and library services
- Access to the Experiential Learning & Career Development Center who can help you develop your military skillset into a resumé for your post-military career.
* see CLEP website for details
Get on the Fast Track to Your Degree
- Finish in approximately 24 months
- Attend class only one night a week
- Financial Aid is available
- Scholarship opportunities for those with partner community college associate degrees
- Seven majors offered
- Nine convenient locations
- Complimentary unofficial transcript evaluation
- All classes in a single location
- Attend class with other adult students
- Classes are guaranteed
- No “expiration” date on credits you’ve earned
- Books included in tuition costs, and delivered right to you
- No technology or computer fees
Meet Your Veterans Service Coordinator
VISTA, Albright College Joining Forces
My MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) was 31R Multi-channel Transmissions System Operator Maintainer and my duties were to install and operate Mobile Subscriber (MSE) and Line-of-Sight(LOS) equipment. I also installed, operated, and maintained antenna RAU (Radio Access units).
I got my first leadership experience in the army as a squad leader and a floor commander which prepared me to support people I worked with both in the military and in my civilian jobs.
I worked in the Veterans Affairs office while attending Harrisburg Area Community college for a work study. I helped veteran students get acquainted with the school and get their benefits certified every semester.
As an AmeriCorps VISTA I am here to bring awareness to veterans in Reading and Berks County about the education benefits that they have earned. I am working with veteran coordinators at the other institutes of higher education in Berks County to create a strong network amongst the student veterans at all of the colleges and universities.
Here at Albright College, I am a point of contact for any questions or concerns that veterans and military family members may have about their education benefits. Albright College participates in the Yellow Ribbon program and has a strong commitment to making our campus more military friendly. I look forward to hearing from you.