Everything you need to know about closing!
When are the residence halls closing for the spring semester?
- Residential areas (non-Rockland) close for non-graduating students on Friday, May 28th at 6:00PM
- Residential areas (non-Rockland) close for graduating seniors on Monday, May 31st at 10:00AM
- Rockland Hall closes on Sunday, June 6th at 6:00 PM
How do I check out of my room?
- Remove all of your belongings when you leave.
- Return your furniture to the way it was on move in day, with a clear left and right side.
- Unplug, defrost, and clean your micro-fridge (or refrigerator) 24 hours prior to the last person departing the room.
- Dispose of all trash in the outside trash receptacle.
- Clean your residential space (including common areas for apartments, suites, and houses)
- Complete your electronic Express Checkout form in your MyHousing Student Portal.
- Return your key (if applicable). Ask an RA for a key envelope and return your key to the black mailbox outside of the Residential Life Office.
Residential Life Professional Staff will complete final inspections of each room upon student check out.
The Office of Residential Life will have extended availability via phone, (610)921-7641, May 26th through May 28th from 8:30AM to 8:00PM.
Students are not permitted back in their room once they have checked out.
Can I have help moving out?
Each student is permitted 2 helpers to assist in moving out personal belongings from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Each helper must wear a mask at all times. Before arrival to campus each helper must do a self-evaluation for symptoms of COVID-19. If experiencing symptoms please stay home.
No non-resident guests or helpers are permitted in the residence halls after 8:00 PM or overnight.
What if I need storage for summer 2021?
Albright College is partnering with ShipMyRoom for Summer 2021 to make move-out safe and easy at the end of the semester. This local company offers affordable, personalized student moving and storage services.
The college move-out packages start at $200 and include these options: in-room packing, curbside pick-up, storage, and shipping anywhere in the world. ShipMyRoom is committed to protecting the health and safety of our residents and campus community, with all team members trained in COVID-19 safety protocols. In addition, items are stored in a climate-controlled, secure facility until you return to campus.
To learn more or register for move-out support, visit www.shipmyroom.com or contact (484) 575-4159.
Still have questions about move out?
Your RAs will have meetings to discuss closing with you. If you were not able to attend the meeting, it is your responsibility to gather any information missed from your RA. If you still have questions, please email email@example.com or call 610-921-7641.