International Students Office
Amanda Hanincik, Director of International Students Office
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nikki Detwiler, Secretary
Office Hours: M-F 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Albright College – PO Box 15234 – Reading PA 19612 – Phone: 610-921-7795 / Fax # 610-921-7659
The International Student Office is committed to supporting, promoting and celebrating individuals in an inter-cultural environment. The primary goal is to embrace all cultures, respect and appreciate diverse backgrounds, and fully integrate our international students into the Albright Community. We encourage personal and cultural development, and advocate for international and cross-cultural experiences, perspectives and initiatives.
- Friday, October 6, 2017 – Airbands 9:00pm
- Thursday, October 19, 2017 – Diwali Festival
- Saturday, October 21, 2017 – Dorney Park Trip
- Tuesday, October 31, 2017 – ISA Haunted House
- Saturday, November 4, 2017 – Movie Night
- Saturday, November 11, 2017 – Volunteer Event
- Saturday, December 2, 2017 – ISA Formal
- Saturday, September 9 – Board Games
- Saturday, September 16 – Trip to Sky Zone
- Saturday, September 23 – International Movie Night
- Saturday, September 30 – Roller Skating Trip
International Student Association (ISA)
The International Student Association is open to all American Students and International Students on campus. The aim of the International Student Association is to involve US American Students and International Students to highlight the diversity on campus and thus foster the understanding between students.
International Student Information
- International Student Transfer Information:When transferring out of Albright College you MUST contact the following:
- David Ballaban, Registrar
- Student Accounts
- International Students Important Information (PDF)
Insurance for International Students
Please note that as an F-1 or exchange student you are required to have medical insurance that covers you while in the U.S. and includes health, accident, and repatriation coverage. Responsibility for acquiring and bearing the cost of such insurance lies with the student unless paid for by the home institution or another party.
Upon arrival, you will need to provide documentation in English verifying appropriate coverage. If you do not have coverage, then you must enroll in a health insurance plan. Albright supports PGH Global, which is recommended by the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania. PGH covers medical, psychological, and prescription services. This insurance partner will also allow direct billing by Albright College’s Gable Health & Counseling Center. You may enroll with another company if you choose, but be sure to research their plan options and deductibles and check with the Gable Health Center or the International Students Office before enrolling in a plan other than PGH.
To enroll online with PGH insurance, visit http://www.pghstudent.com/. You may purchase insurance online with a credit card; international students enrolling with PGH will have three plan options to choose from (“Basic,” “Plus,” or “Preferred”). Stop by the International Students Office if you need assistance or would like to ask questions about coverage you are considering with PGH or another company.
Students who do not enroll in one of these plans or provide documentation of other appropriate coverage by the first Friday of the semester will automatically be enrolled in the PGH Plus plan and billed accordingly by the College.
- Applying for a Social Security Card
- Application for a Social Security Card
- Obtaining a PA driver’s license
- Obtaining a PA I.D. card.
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) (PDF)
- TOEFL (English Language Test)
- For information, visit www.ets.org/toefl/ or visit the International Student Office, Selwyn Hall South, 1st floor