Student Complaint Resolution – Albright College

Student Complaint Resolution

Albright College participates in federal student aid programs under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965. As an institution that participates in these programs we are required to have “a process to review and appropriately act on complaints concerning the institution including enforcing applicable State laws.” (Title 34 CFR §600.9). “Albright College will also make available for review to any enrolled or prospective student a copy of the documents describing the institution’s accreditation, approval of licensing” (Title 34 CFR §668.43(b).

To comply with this regulation, Albright College makes available the following information to our prospective and current students. Albright College makes every effort to handle complaint resolution internally, using our policies and procedures outlines in the Albright College Accelerated Degree Program student handbook and outlines in orientation. The expectation is that students will utilize these procedures in a timely manner to address concerns or complaints. Additional information is provided below to assist with guidance:

  • Academic Grade Appeal: Please refer to the Albright College Accelerated Degree Program student handbook, VI. Course Evaluations, Concerns and Academic Appeal Procedure, B. Grade Appeal, Accelerated Degree Programs found at:
  • Academic Honesty Violations: Please refer to the Albright College Accelerated Degree Program student handbook, I. College Wide Policies, Academic Honesty, found at:
  • Non-Academic Complaints: Refers to incidents of unprofessional behavior or other complaints that are not of a grading concern. Contact the ADP Academic Program Coordinator if the complaint surround a faculty member. Contact the Director of Accelerated & Graduate Program if the complaint surrounds an administrative team member.
  • Disability Services: Institutions of higher education have the obligation to make informed decisions about accommodations. These decisions may not always agree with recommendations from outside professionals or with prior Individualized Educational Programs (IEPs) and 504 plans. Students who do not agree with the accommodation decisions of the Disability Services Office (DSO) should follow the process outlines at:
  • Harassment or Discrimination: Complaints alleging hate/bias incidents should be addressed to the Department of Public Safety in writing. The written complaint will be forwarded to the appropriate office: for a student it will be sent to community standards; for an employee to human resources and for a faculty member to the provost. The Public Safety Office can be reached at (610) 921-2381.
  • Title IX: In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, which prohibits a college from discrimination based on sex, Albright College does not discriminate on the basis of sex or gender in its educational programs or activities. Title IX notification can be found at:
  • Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA): The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their educational records. More information about Albright College’s FERPA policy along with information on filing a FERPA complaint can be found at:
  • Criminal Activity: Complaints involving matters of a criminal nature should be directed to the Albright College Public Safety office at (610) 921-2381.

Students and advisers should follow the proper hierarchy when seeking a solution to a problem or concern. It is never advisable to contact the vice president or president first; they will expect you to first contact those who are more directly involved with your concern.

In the unlikely event that an issue cannot be resolved by the College, students may file a complaint with their respective State Licensing Authority. For residential students taking courses on-campus, the Pennsylvania Department of Education — Postsecondary and Adult Education would be the applicable agency.

Division of Higher & Career Education
Pennsylvania Department of Education-Postsecondary and Adult Education

    • 333 Market Street, 12th Fl.
    • Harrisburg, PA 17126-0333


    • (717) 783-8228


    • (717) 722-3622 Unresolved complaints may also be filed with the Middle States Commission on Higher Education .

Middle States Commission on Higher Education

    • 3624 Market Street, Second Floor West
    • Philadelphia, PA 19104


    • (267) 284-5000