Eugene L. Shirk Stadium Tailgating Policy
Below are the Albright College policies governing tailgates hosted by parents, alumni and other athletically affiliated groups. Tailgating can be a fun family-friendly event. In the spirit of this exciting experience, we ask all those consuming alcohol to drink responsibly. To provide for the safety of our students and guests, please follow the tailgating policies detailed below. Adherence to these policies will ensure a safe and enjoyable tailgating experience for everyone.
- Tailgating is allowed in conjunction with Saturday or Sunday outdoor varsity contests in the designated tailgate areas in the fenced-in lot located at 12th and Bern Streets or the fenced-in area under the Turtle Dome.
- Tailgating may begin 2 hours prior to the start of the game and closes 60 minutes following the contest, with the exception of Homecoming.
- Homecoming hours are posted prior to the event.
- The sale of alcohol is prohibited on Albright College’s campus.
- No oversized vehicles are allowed; passenger vehicles only.
- Open flames are prohibited, including fire pits, as well as the use of portable fire places and Tiki torches. Propane grills are allowed.
- Tailgaters are responsible for cleaning their tailgating area and properly disposing of their trash and other items.
- Tailgaters are responsible for bringing their own tents, tables, chairs, etc.
- Only small portable radio/stereo units will be allowed.
- ALCOHOL: Please be respectful of other tailgaters around you and remember that all students are subject to the alcohol policies stated in the Compass Student Handbook. As defined in this policy, tailgating may involve the consumption of alcohol in the designated areas. Albright College does not sanction the violation of federal, state or local laws, including the consumption/possession of alcoholic beverages by underage persons. Individuals participating in tailgating activities are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful manner, as well as following the directives of event staff and Campus Public Safety officials.
- Students currently enrolled at Albright College are not permitted to host a tailgate that includes the use of alcohol.
- Tailgate hosts are responsible for the comportment of their guests and compliance with College policies. Should Public Safety or other College officials observe behavior in not keeping with institutional policies or expectations of behavior, they are authorized to end the event and remove participants from the premises.
- Drinking games (included but not limited to beer pong) and the use of devices intended to accelerate the consumption of alcohol (including but not limited to funnels or beer bongs) are prohibited.
- Serving alcohol to or consumption of alcohol by minors (those under the age of 21) is a violation of state and federal law as well as College policy. Individuals consuming alcohol may be asked to provide identification and proof of age at any time by Public Safety.
- Beverages, including alcohol, are limited to those contained in plastic or aluminum cans. Glass bottles, kegs, beer balls or other common source containers are not permitted. Also, the amount of alcohol brought in must be proportionate to the number of people attending the tailgate.
- Alcohol may not be consumed outside the designated tailgate areas and is prohibited elsewhere in the parking lot within the athletic complex.
- Public Safety reserves the right to monitor tailgating activities and remove or restrict individuals who display inappropriate behavior. In addition, Public Safety officers may verify the legal age of any persons consuming alcohol and to take whatever actions necessary, up to and including notifying the City of Reading Police Department.
- Anyone violating these directives or other College policies during the course of the tailgate will be barred from hosting such an event in the future.
- In case of an emergency, please contact the Albright College Public Safety Office by calling 601-921-7670 or dial 911.