Christopher J. Catone, Ph.D., Chair
Associate Professor of Mathematics; Department Chair
Ph.D.: University of Colorado at Boulder
B.S.: The College of New Jersey
Areas of Expertise
- Differential Geometry, Geometry, Mathematical Pedagogy
- R. Smith, C. Catone, et. all, A Geometrical Approach to the Motion Planning Problem for a Submerged Rigid Body, International Journal of Control, 82:9(2009), 1641-1656.
- Ch.J. Catone, Projective Equivalence of Finsler and Riemannian Surfaces, Differential Geometry and Its Applications, 26 (2008), 404-418.
- 2018-19: Sophie Bass, “Applying Queueing Theory to Real World Situations”
- 2013-14: Matthew Smith, “Minimal Surfaces, Soap FIlms, and the Weierstrass-Enneper Representation”
- 2008-09: Danielle Smiley, “A Comparison of Riemann and Lebesgue Integration”
Awards and Grants
- The Dr. Henry P. and M. Paige Laughlin Annual Distinguished Faculty Award for Teaching, 2012.
- Burton W. Jones Teaching Excellence Award, 2006.
- Pi Mu Epsilon, The College of New Jersey, 1996.