Brittany Shelton, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Ph.D.: Lehigh University
M.A.: Lehigh University
B.S.: Montclair State University
Brittany Shelton joined the faculty at Albright College in 2013. She is now an associate professor of mathematics. Dr. Shelton earned her B.S. from Montclair State University and her M.S. and Ph.D. from Lehigh University. She is an active member of the mathematics community, where she has been an editorial board member of Mathematics Magazine and now of Math Horizons.
Areas of Research
- Algebraic Combinatorics, Recreational Mathematics
- Utility Theory and Deal or No Deal. M.A. Jones, B. Shelton, and J. Wilson. The Mathematical Scientist. Vol. 43 No. 1 (2018).
- Of Puzzles and Partitions: Introducing Partiti. A. Caicedo and B. Shelton. Mathematics Magazine.Vol. 91 No. 1 (2018) pp. 20-23.
- Deal or No Deal? Expected Value, Utility Theory, and the Role of the Banker. M. Davis, M.A. Jones, B. Shelton, and J. Wilson. CONSORTIUM. No. 113 (Fall/Winter 2017) pp. 27-40.
- Media Clip: Davis’ Fastball. B. Shelton. Mathematics Teacher. Vol. 110 No. 9 (2017) pp. 648-649.
- Abelian and Non-Abelian Triangle Mysteries. M.A. Jones, L. Mitchell, and B. Shelton. American Mathematical Monthly. Vol. 123 No. 8 (2016) pp. 808-813.
- Statistics on the Bonus Round of Wheel of Fortune. K. Ryan and B. Shelton. The College Mathematics Journal. Vol. 47 No. 4 (2016) pp. 250-253.
- Evaluations of Hecke Algebra traces at Kazhdan-Lusztig basis elements. S. Clearman, M. Hyatt, B. Shelton, and M. Skandera. The Electronic Journal of Combinatorics. Vol. 23 No. 2 (2016) pp. #2.7.
- Fractals and Mysterious Triangles. M.A. Jones, L. Mitchell, and B. Shelton. Math Horizons. Vol. 23 No. 1 (2015) pp. 22-25.
- Revelations and Generalizations of the Nine Card Problem. B. Baker and B. Shelton. Mathematics Magazine. Vol. 88 No. 2 (2015) pp. 139-145.
- On God’s Number(s) for Rubik’s Slide. M.A. Jones, B. Shelton, and M. Weaverdyck. The College Mathematics Journal. Vol. 45 No. 4 (2014) pp. 267-275.
- Media Clips: Fibonacci Takes to the Air and A Rare July?. M.A. Jones and B. Shelton. Mathematics Teacher. Vol. 106 No. 7 (2013) pp. 492-495.
- Hecke algebra characters and quantum chromatic symmetric functions. B. Shelton and M. Skandera. 24th International Conference on Formal Power Series and Algebraic Combinatorics (FPSAC 2012), Discrete Math. Theor. Comput. Sci. Proc., AR Assoc. Discrete Math. Theor. Comput. Sci., Nancy (2012), pp. 555-566.
- Path tableaux and combinatorial interpretations of immanants for class functions on Sn. S. Clearman, B. Shelton, and M. Skandera.
- 23rd International Conference on Formal Power Series and Algebraic Combinatorics (FPSAC 2011), Discrete Math. Theor. Comput. Sci. Proc., AO Assoc. Discrete Math. Theor. Comput. Sci., Nancy (2011), pp. 233-244.
- Redundancy in Nimber Sequences for Three-Element Subtraction Sets. M.A. Jones, B.C. Shelton, and S.R. Huddy. Pi Mu Epsilon Journal. 12 (2007) pp. 393-403.
- 2021: Taisha Charles, “Counting Variations of Knights and Knaves Puzzles”
- 2021: Vanessa Baker, “Examining the Structure of the Gear Ball”
- 2015: Tyler VanBlargan, “SafeCracker 40 and its Unique Solution”