Emergency Closing Information
Albright’s Weather Response Team (WRT) has been tracking the storm headed for our area, which is expected to impact tomorrow’s morning commute and continue throughout the morning. When the weather forecast predicts inclement weather, WRT is charged with monitoring the forecast and making recommendations to President Fetrow to ensure the safety of our community.
With significant snow accumulation expected for tomorrow, Tuesday, Feb. 13, the following accommodations will be made to our on-campus operations:
- All classes will be held online.
- Faculty, please make arrangements to move your classes online and provide guidance and instruction for your students in Canvas.
- Students, please check email and Canvas for instructions from your professors, and remember, regardless of the weather, library services, the Academic Learning Center, Writing Center and ELCDC are always available online. You will find links to all of these resources on the Albright website on the Current Students landing page.
- Staff members who are able to work remotely should plan to do so – please take laptops and other necessary work supplies home with you this evening. For those who cannot work remotely, please contact your supervisor for guidance.
In accordance with the college’s Weather Policy, all essential personnel are required to report to campus as scheduled, unless otherwise directed by their supervisor.
These on-campus resources will be available beginning at the following times:
Student Center front desk: 9 a.m.
Schumo Center for Fitness and Well-Being: 10 a.m.
Pool: 10 a.m.
Because it will be after the snow has been cleared and the roads treated, the men’s basketball game against Eastern University at 7 p.m. in Bollman Gym is expected to be held as scheduled.
Please remember that e2Campus text messages, the Albright website and college email are the first sources of information about inclement weather and impacts on campus operations. If you haven’t already signed up for e2Campus, you may do so here. On the Albright website, top-level information is always posted on the homepage with more detailed info at https://www.albright.edu/emergency-closing-information/
Be well and stay safe!
Albright College Inclement Weather or Emergency Closing
What Things Mean
College Opening Late. When Albright designates a late opening time (such as 9:30 or 10 a.m.), classes beginning before the designated time are canceled.
Day Classes Canceled. All classes on the main campus normally scheduled from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. are canceled, and administrative offices are closed. Designated key emergency personnel should report to work. Please note: Because of changing conditions, evening classes may be held even when day classes have been cancelled.
Evening Classes Canceled. All classes on the main campus normally scheduled from 5 p.m. and after are canceled. (See also SPS info below.)
Activities, athletic events or individual facilities may be canceled or closed even when the college is open. Individual events may take place even when classes are canceled.
Status may change: For example, a one-hour delay may later change to a two-hour or longer delay or change to a closing. Late-afternoon and evening classes may be cancelled even if the college has been open all day.
Faculty and Staff: Key emergency personnel must report even when classes are canceled. For complete information on reporting, see the Albright College weather policy on the Albright intranet or in the Employee Handbook.
School of Professional Studies (SPS) locations: Check the Albright website for continuously updated information about closings in all SPS locations: https://www.albright.edu/emergency-closing-information/
How to Find Out What’s Happening
e2Campus text messages, the Albright website, and college email, are the first places where information is posted and updated. Information is also posted to Facebook and Twitter as it becomes available.
- e2Campus text message: A brief text message from the emergency text messaging system e2Campus will provide status updates. Sign up or login here, and keep your cell phone on.
- Albright website: Top-level information is posted on the home page; more detailed info is at https://www.albright.edu/emergency-closing-information/
Albright College weather-related policies: