Emergency Closing Information
Information on this page will be updated regularly.
Please refresh your browser to ensure that you are receiving the most current information.
Updated: 1/17/2018 at 11:57 a.m.
Albright College is operating on a normal schedule.
Albright College Inclement Weather or Emergency Closing 2017-2018
Faculty and Staff Information
What Things Mean
- One-Hour Delay/Late Opening. Students report to the class they would normally be in at 9 a.m., with the exception of classes from 8-9:20 a.m., which are cancelled. Classes end at normal time. All offices open as soon as possible but no later than 9:30 a.m.
- Two-Hour Delay/Late Opening. Students report to the class they normally would be in at 10 a.m. Classes will end at their normal time. All offices open as soon as possible but no later than 10:30 a.m.
- Day Classes Cancelled. All classes on the main campus normally scheduled from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. are cancelled, and administrative offices are closed. Designated key emergency personnel should report to work. Please note: Because of changing conditions, evening classes may be held even when day classes have been cancelled.
- Evening Classes Cancelled. All classes on the main campus normally scheduled from 5 p.m. and after are cancelled. (See also SPS info below.)
- Activities, athletic events or individual facilities may be cancelled or closed even when the College is open. Individual events may take place even when classes are cancelled.
- Status may change: For example, a one-hour delay may later change to a two-hour or longer delay or change to a closing. Late-afternoon and evening classes may be cancelled even if the College has been open all day.
- Faculty and Staff: Key emergency personnel must report even when classes are cancelled. For complete information on reporting, see the Albright College weather policy on the Albright intranet or in the Employee Handbook.
- School of Professional Studies (SPS) locations: Check the Albright website for continuously updated information about closings in all SPS locations: https://www.albright.edu/emergency-closing-information/
How to Find Out What’s Happening
- e2Campus text messages, the Albright website, campus voice mail, and the weather and emergency hotline are the first places where information is posted and updated. Information is also posted to Facebook and Twitter as it becomes available.
- e2Campus text message: A brief text message from the emergency text messaging system e2Campus will provide status updates. Sign up at e2campus.com/my/alb/signup.htm, and keep your cell phone on.
- Albright website: Top-level information is posted on the home page; more detailed info is at https://www.albright.edu/emergency-closing-information/
- Social media: Albright updates its Facebook page and Twitter feed with weather-related information as it becomes available.