Campus Life

Please follow this link to visit aLink, Albright's online hub for student organizations.


The Office of Residential Life seeks to create a safe, supportive, and inclusive residential community that fosters the success and personal growth of each resident.

Questions About Residency Requirement?
Check out our FAQ here.

Dear Resident Student:

Welcome to the Albright College residential community! Here at Albright Housing it is our mission to provide a residence life program that creates a safe, supportive and inclusive living learning community that fosters the academic success and personal growth of each resident student through purposeful programs and services that compliment the educational experience at Albright College.

We encourage you to make the most of your experience in the residence halls. Get to know the Resident Assistant staff and the professional staff members living in the residence halls. They are there to help you and watch out for your best interests. Get involved! Learn as much as you can from the people living around you. Take advantage of activities and programs offered in the residence halls. Become involved in the Resident Student Associations to help make decisions that will affect you and will enable you to gain leadership experience.

This guide is provided so that you may know the policies, procedures, and information relative to residential life at Albright. Please read it carefully and keep it on hand for easy reference. As a member of the Albright residence life community, every resident will be responsible for becoming familiar with each item in this guide. If you have any questions or need any assistance while you are here please contact me or any member of the Residential Life staff.

We hope that your year is full of personal growth and educational accomplishments and we look forward to having you as part of our residential community.

Office of Residential Life Contact Information

Address - 1331 Richmond Street, Reading, PA 19604Phone / Fax - 610-921-7641 (phone) / 610-921-7617 (fax)Staff
Common Questions
What types of items are not permitted on campus?
Items such as multi-bulb lamps exceeding 3 bulbs, halogen lamps, space heaters, candles and any other items with an open flame that may be a fire hazard are not permitted on campus. Please note that this list is not inclusive. You may refer to the Community Living Guide, What Should I Bring to College list, or call our office with specific questions.What if I don't get along with my roommate?
Once you move into the residence halls, students will not be allowed to make room changes for the first two weeks. This is called a "room freeze period". Students are encouraged to work things out with their roommate. After the first two weeks of each semester, if the roommates cannot seem to reach a solution, they can either have a member of the housing staff hold a mediation, or they may visit the Housing Office to request a room change. Room changes will be honored based on availability and the date of the completed room change request form. However, room change requests will not be accommodated after November 1 of the fall semester and April 1 of the spring semester.Is there cable in the room?
Yes, each room comes with a basic Comcast cable connection that is already included in your fees. This connection does not have the premium movie channels such as HBO, Starz, etc.  You should bring a TV and TV cable cord for your room.Do students bring their own computers to campus?
Although there are various computer centers on campus available for student usage, many students will bring their own personal computers and lap tops to campus. Beginning Fall ’10, all residence hall locations will have wireless service to connect to the Internet.What is an RA?
RA is an acronym for Resident Assistant. An RA is here to tend to residents' needs. They are highly trained in the following areas: First Aid & CPR (AHA certified), safety, counseling, programming, promoting a welcoming environment, and implementing the policies set forth by the College. There is an RA on duty each night. It is the RA's job to do rounds throughout the evening in order to make sure there are no problems within the residence hall.

Who will help me with questions once I arrive?All first-year students are welcomed by Resident Assistants (RA's), Peer Orientation Persons (POP's) and Assistant Directors (AD's). Resident Assistants are trained to help with any needs you may have. Assistant Directors are full-time professional staff members who may reside within the residence halls. Assistant Directors implement a comprehensive residential program that supports the personal growth and development of resident students.The Department of Residential Life phone - 610-921-7641