Faculty Awards Nomination Form (Faculty)
Nominate the Albright faculty member that stands out above the rest as a teacher and scholar.
Please submit a nomination below by Friday, March 1, 2024. The award categories are as follows:
- The Dr. Henry P. and M. Paige Laughlin Distinguished Faculty Award: This award is presented to the Faculty member who is deemed to be most worthy of recognition for distinguished teaching. Faculty must have a minimum of 4 semesters of teaching at Albright College to be eligible for this award.
- The Class of ’49 Annadora Vesper Shirk Award for Faculty Scholarship: Awarded to a Faculty member who, during the previous year, best exemplifies a commitment to scholarship and/or creativity.
- The Laughlin Research Award for Faculty Scholarship: Awarded to a Faculty member who, during the previous years has continued to do research or published on an ongoing project.
- The United Methodist Exemplary Teaching Award: This award recognizes faculty at United Methodist schools, colleges, and universities who have demonstrated remarkable teaching, leadership and commitment to value-centered education. The selection criteria for the award include: A) Proven excellence as a teacher, B) Recognized service to students and a commitment to education, C) Record of significant contributions to the scholarly life of nominating college or university.
- The Lindback Award: Awarded every other year to one member of the Full-time Faculty who best exemplifies the criteria for teaching excellence. This award can only be granted to a tenured faculty member. This award shall not be given to any Faculty member more than once.
Faculty members may receive multiple awards throughout their career so do not hesitate to nominate a faculty member who has already received an award in the past. Awards will be presented to recipients at Commencement. Albright-College-Faculty-Awards-1959-2023