Alumni Association Board
Albright College Alumni Association
Once a Lion, always a Lion! The Albright College Alumni Association is your continual connection to Albright and links the over 20,000 alumni worldwide with one another and to the College. All Albright graduates are encouraged to stay connected to the College and with each other through participation in the Albright Alumni Association.
Alumni Association Mission Statement:
The mission of the Albright College Alumni Association, in partnership with the College, shall be to nurture the spirit of Alma Mater in students, alumni and friends through our time, talent and treasure for a life-long connection.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Alumni Association Board is an advisory body created to represent alumni issues and interests. It is led by a board of Albright College graduates of varying class years, occupations, gender, race and life experience. The Alumni Board typically has 30 elected members. They serve as a representative voice for our alumni body, connecting alumni with current students, and upholding Albright traditions for future generations.
Blake Tobias ’17
Brad Erdman ’93
Victoria Foanio ’14
Executive Committee Member
Kristen DePalma ’19
Executive Committee Member
Vince Buccellato ’89
Executive Committee Member
- September 24, 2022
- November 12, 2022
- February 11, 2023
- April 29, 2023
Prospective Alumni Board Member Questionnaire
We Expect Our Members to Be Familar With:
- The College and Alumni Association’s history
- The College and Alumni Association’s mission and goals
- The Alumni Association’s Strategic Plan
- The Alumni Associations Bylaws
- Events and Member Benefits offered to alumni
In accordance with the Alumni Association bylaws, we expect that you will abide by the following limits regarding your service:
- A term consists of three years
- No member of the Board shall serve for greater than six consecutive years
- After a board member’s second consecutive term is complete, that person may not return to the board as a voting member until after three years from the date their term expired.
In accordance with the Alumni Association mission, we expect that each board member be responsible for the following contributions:
- Prepare for, physically attend and participate in at least three or more board meetings per year.
- Prepare for, attend and actively participate in the work of the Association Board including serving on a committee. Contribute expertise according to individual skills, experience and networks. Committee members will evaluate the committee’s progress toward meeting its stated goals. Some committee work will occur outside the four Alumni Association meetings. Reasonable participation in this offline work is expected.
- Attend and participate in at least one Albright alumni event per year.
- Serve on their reunion committee during their reunion year.
- Abide by and annually sign the Albright College Confidentiality Agreement.
- Abide by and annually sign the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement.
- Think broadly as each of you brings to the board a set of unique talents and qualities that will enhance our meetings and decisions, thus creating a better board to serve the alumni, students, and the College.
- Articulate the needs of the alumni body to the Association.
- Promote alumni events and programming through attendance and alumni outreach. You are an ambassador and an advocate who shares our accomplishments and goals with alumni, friends, business associates, and government officials.
- Identify and assist in the recruitment of potential new board members
- Alumni Association Board members are encouraged to make an annual gift to the college.
- Amount contributed is at the discretion of the individual.
- We seek to obtain 100% board participation and strongly encourage gifts to the Annual Fund.
Alumni Association Board Updates
Join the Alumni Association Board!
The Albright Alumni Association Board invites alumni to apply for membership on the board. Please visit the board page on the Albright College website to learn more about serving alma mater as a board member and complete this questionnaire if interested: Prospective Alumni Association Board Member Questionnaire
Update your Alumni Records
The Albright Alumni Association board would like to stay in touch! If you have moved, updated your employment, or would like to be recognized for your affinity to one or more groups, please submit the form below. Affinity groups will be forming in the near future.
Update your Alumni and Affinity Group Information
Albright Alumni Association Board Task Forces
Alumni board members are divided into the following committees to address strategic projects in support of the college’s mission.
- Alumni Awards and New Members: Review award candidates and select award recipients for the yearly alumni awards. Review current board composition and identify opportunities to better align membership with the demographics of our alumni body, recruit and propose a slate of new members to the Alumni Association Board. Identify and implement ways to continue to solicit for award and new member candidates.
- Diversity and Inclusivity: Understand ideal state for the Albright Alumni Association Board when it comes to inclusivity and diversity. Identify initiatives the board can undertake to give support to the college’s equity and inclusion policies. Includes review of key objectives, policy and by-law examination and partnership with alumni affinity groups, such as the Society of Black Alumni, the college board of trustees and other stakeholders and task forces.
- Albright College Affinity Group Program: Connect self-motivated groups of alumni who wish to engage like-minded graduates and students with shared experiences or interests. The committee strives to encourage service, engagement and philanthropy with volunteers to further the mission of the Alumni Association Board and engage in the life of alma mater.
- Student Mentoring: In collaboration with campus partners, establish channels to connect our alumni with undergraduates by supporting student career and professional aspirations.
Fall 2022 Alumni Demographics