Financial Aid for Transfer Students – Albright College

Financial Aid for Transfer Students

Tuition and Fees

Complete listing of Tuition and Fees per academic year.

Additional aid may be available if your family’s financial situation has changed. Contact the Financial Aid Office (, 610-921-7680) for more information or if you have questions or concerns.

Applying for Financial Aid

The Albright College Federal School Code for your FAFSA is 003229. The FAFSA is required for all sources of financial aid.

*Historically, the FAFSA has been available beginning October 1st each year. However, because of significant changes to the application and the rebuild of the FAFSA processing system, the 2024-25 FAFSA will not be available until sometime in December 2023. Updates on an exact date will be posted here when announced.”

Dates and Deadlines

Deadlines are important, and the schedules below allow you to get the information you need in a timely manner.  They also allow Albright to make sure your transition from applicant to student is as seamless as possible.  We look forward to hearing from you throughout these schedules and be sure to contact the Office of Admission if you find yourself falling away from these schedules.

Application Deadline Financial Aid Deadline Admission Notification Financial Aid Notification Student Response Deadline
Fall Enrollment August 1 August 1 Rolling (starting in January) Rolling (starting in January) August 15
Spring Enrollment December 15 December 15 Rolling (starting in November) Rolling (starting in November) January 15

Financial Aid Staff

Our financial aid staff is always on hand to answer your questions and help you navigate the financial aid process.


Net Price Calculator

Use our net price calculator to help you plan your educational costs here at Albright.


Who Is Eligible?

To be eligible for federal, state, and College financial aid a student must:

  • Be a US Citizen or provide documentation of permanent resident of refugee status.
  • Be degree-seeking.
  • Be registered with the Selective Service, if required.
  • Not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on any federal educational loan.
  • Have not been convicted for the possession or sale of illegal drugs during a time when receiving federal student aid.
  • Be making federal satisfactory academic progress (SAP) and be in good academic standing at the College.
  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (for federal and some state aid only)
  • Comply with all requests from the Albright College Financial Aid Office with regard to federal verification: Tax transcripts, 1040x forms, W-2’s, or any other document requested by the Office.

Determining Your Status

All students accepted by Albright College as degree-seeking candidates are eligible to apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  Funds provided to Albright College from federal and state sources are awarded to United States citizens and permanent resident aliens.  When determining your eligibility for Federal, State and Albright College financial aid, your enrollment status is defined as follows:

  • Full-Time enrollment status is considered to be three courses per semester (Traditional and Accelerated Degree programs).  Full-time status is required for the awarding of all institutional funds.
  • Half-Time enrollment status (in both the day and evening programs) is considered to be two courses per semester.  At least half-time status is required for some grant programs, federal loan programs, and federal work study.
  • Less than Half-Time enrollment status, or one class each semester, may entitle a student to a modest Federal Pell Grant, but other aid programs are not applicable to this status.

Types of Aid

You will receive a letter with the total amount of your award, and the award amounts from each program. A typical financial aid award includes:

  • Grant/Scholarship/Award – a gift to you that does not have to be repaid
  • Other – funding based on specific requirements
  • Loan(s) – borrowed funds that must be repaid, with interest
  • Employment – on-campus jobs that provide money for educational costs. (Federal work study, college employee)


Albright College Trustee Grants

Albright College gives Trustee Grants on the basis of financial need. These funds originate from several sources, including funds donated to the College.

Federal Government Grants

Federal Pell Grants and Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants are given by the federal government on the basis of financial need. Both of these programs can change from year to year based off of the family’s financial need. The Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grant is need-based and is given until the Federal fund has been exhausted.

State Grants

Students who are Pennsylvania residents could be eligible for a Pennsylvania State Grant through the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA). Typically, the application for the PA State grant is initiated when a student from Pennsylvania submits a valid FAFSA. PHEAA has a strict filing deadline of May 1 prior to the start of each academic year. Please allow for processing time of two to three business days after you submit your FAFSA for PHEAA to receive it.

It is very important to note that applicants may be contacted by PHEAA or our Financial Aid Office concerning incomplete applications, grants assigned to other schools, or missing documentation. This correspondence will most likely be sent by email. Applicants should address these requests as soon as possible to ensure there are no delays with the funding of their PA State Grants. Additional information and updated grant statuses can be found by visiting or by calling PHEAA at 1-800-692-7392.

Students who are not Pennsylvania residents could be eligible for similar state grant aid programs in their home state. Not all surrounding states allow the student to receive state aid when attending a Pennsylvania institution. For more information about these aid programs, including eligibility requirements and filing deadlines, please contact your high school guidance office or the corresponding state agency that manages the aid programs in your home state.

PA State Grant Change of School Request Form

Children of Fallen Heroes Act

If you believe you qualify for this program, please contact our office directly at 610-921-7515 or

Fostering Independence Tuition Waiver Program

Created by Act 16 of 2019, this program seeks to remove barriers in accessing a postsecondary education for youth who are or have been in foster care. This will allow eligible foster youth to complete their studies, graduate with less debt, and have the opportunity to build a network of support. To see if you qualify please read the following.
FosterEd Student Brochure

How Do I Receive the Waiver?

  1. Complete a current year FAFSA.
  2. Enroll in a PA postsecondary institution approved by the U.S. Department of Education for Title IV funding.
  3. Apply for and be eligible for the Chafee Education and Training Grant (Chafee ETG) Program.
  4. Applicants for the 2023-24 FosterEd waiver (including consideration for 2024 Summer) should submit the 2023-2024 Chafee ETG Application by May 1, 2024. Mail or fax your completed application to:

PA State Grant and Special Programs
P.O. Box 8157
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8157

Fax: (717) 720-3786

Students who wish to appeal their eligibility determination can do so by emailing

FosterEd Point of Contact/ Financial Aid Administrator
Danielle Wambaugh
Systems Operations Manager

Veterans Benefits Administration

Apply for VA Education Benefits

After you have applied for admission and have been accepted to Albright College, you may obtain your education benefits by following these steps:

  1. Apply for your education benefits from the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA) at
  2. If eligible, provide your Certificate of Eligibility (Or Notice of Basic Eligibility) to the Registrar Office. You may email your certificate to for processing.

State, Federal, or Outside Tuition Grant Assistance

All students receiving grant assistance from other institutions, as well as other states, must notify the Financial Aid Office.  Tuition grants received from other institutions for tuition or from states other than Pennsylvania, will be used to meet any unmet need in the financial aid package.  However, if a need based grant is awarded by Albright before we are informed of the outside tuition grant award eligibility, the need based aid from Albright may be subject to change.  Albright will allow our academic scholarship awards to be used for charges associated with tuition as well as room and board.


Federal Direct Student Loan

A Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling must be completed to receive Federal Direct Student Loan funds. You may complete these steps online at

There are two types of Federal Direct Student Loans:

Direct Subsidized Loan is awarded on the basis of financial need. You will not be charged any interest before you enter into repayment. The federal government will pay the interest while you are in school at least half time or during periods of deferment.

An Direct Unsubsidized Loan is not awarded on the basis of need. You will be charged interest from the time the loan is disbursed until it is paid in full. If you allow the interest to accumulate, it will be added to the principal amount of your loan and additional interest will be based upon the higher amount.

If you are a dependent student whose parents do not qualify for a Federal PLUS Loan, or you are an independent student, you may qualify for an additional Direct Unsubsidized Loan.

Federal Direct Student Loan Annual Limits

Undergraduate Grade Level Base Loan Amount
Base Loan  Amount
Additional Unsubsidized Eligibility For Independent Students and Dependent Students whose parent is not eligible to borrow a PLUS Loan
1st year $3,500 $2,000 $4,000
2nd year $4,500 $2,000 $4,000
3rd, 4th or 5th year $5,500 $2,000 $5,000



The Federal Work-Study Program is designed to help students earn money during the academic year for books, supplies and other expenses. Students can apply for jobs through handshake by clicking this link.​ The funding will not be applied directly to the student’s college account to offset costs. Payment will be made directly to the student for hours worked. Find out more by clicking on the Student Employment link on our Human Resources page. You can contact: Emma Alvarez, Student Employment Coordinator at or call 610-921-7797.

Payment Options

Federal Loans:

Federal PLUS Loan
Through this program, parents of dependent undergraduate students may borrow up to the total cost of education, less any financial aid received. Graduate and professional students are also eligible to borrow under this program. Parents of Dependent undergraduate students can apply for the Parent PLUS Loan at with their social security number and FSA ID.

Private Student Loans:

Before applying for private student loans, undergraduate and graduate students should have filed a FAFSA at Make sure to maximize your federal and state aid options before applying for additional loans. Borrowers and co-signers should review and compare information about interest rates, fees, loan terms and repayment terms. Interest rates are often determined by the credit history of borrower and/or co-signer. During the application process, selecting options such as in-school deferment and repayment schedule can directly affect interest rates. For specific questions, please contact the lenders directly.

A list of lenders can be found at

** New Jersey residents – you may be eligible for a NJ Class Loan. More information can be viewed at

Interest Free Monthly Payment Plans:

Please visit for more information on payment plan options offered through our Student Accounts Office.


Verification is the process in which a financial aid office is required to test the accuracy of information reported by parents and students on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.  At minimum, required documentation will include the most recent Federal IRS Tax Transcript, copies of immediate past year W-2 forms, and a completed Federal Verification Worksheet.  Important Note: the verification process cannot accept signed copies of federal 1040 tax forms.  All families selected for verification must request a tax transcript from the IRS or choose to use IRS data retrieval on their FAFSA to meet the verification requirements.

In addition to minimum requirements, the Albright College Office of Financial Aid may require you to provide proof of citizenship, copies of Social Security benefit statements, 1099 forms, corporate earnings statements, or other information dealing with your income or assets.   Financial aid applications are randomly selected by the federal FAFSA processor for verification.  On a year-in, year-out basis schools will verify at least 30% of all FAFSA applicants. If you are selected, the verification process is required in order for you to receive financial aid.