The Digital Media Combined Major was terminated on May 22, 2015. Students declared in this major on this date can continue with it, but no other students can declare it.
• Computer Graphics Art and Design (ART 265) (counts as General Studies Foundations Fine Arts) Note: ART 265 is a prerequisite for all digital media courses.
• Digital Video I (DIG 201)
• Digital Literacy (DIG 265)
• Illustration & Design (DIG 270)
• Visual Programming (DIG 380) (counts as General Studies Foundations Quantitative Reasoning)
• Web Design (DIG 315)
• Senior Seminar (DIG 420)
Focus Area — Two courses required
- Design (ART 103)
- Modern Art & Design Concepts (ART 256)
- Writing for the Mass Media (COM 222) (Prerequisites are waived for digital media concentrators)
- Writing for Public Relations (COM 327) (Prerequisites are waived for digital media concentrators)
Computer Science Focus
- Game Programming (CSC 383)
- Game Design (DIG 383)
A course cannot count for both a Digital Media Focus Area requirement and for a requirement for the student’s other combined major.
The Digital Media Minor provides in-depth study of Digital Media through a selection of five courses.
- ART 265 Computer Graphics
- DIG 201 Digital Video I
- DIG 265 Digital Literacy
- DIG 270 Digital Illustration and Design
- DIG 315 Web Design