Frequently Asked Questions About “The Experience”
A full-time day student (graduating in May 2020 and beyond) is required to complete twelve credits before the end of the sophomore year.
Transfers who come in as sophomores are required to complete six credits by the end of the sophomore year.
Transfers who come in as juniors are not required to complete the experience (but we encourage you to attend events anyway!)
You must pre-register in Canvas (Albright Experience) for each virtual live event you are interested in attending. You must access the event via Zoom and be present for the entire event as indicated on the time stamp generated by Zoom webinar. You must complete all polls/questionnaires administered by organizers or hosts DURING and AT THE END of each virtual event. Please note that you can earn of maximum of FOUR (4) Experience credits during the fall semester.
You will NOT receive credit for an event when you
- Do not pre-register for an event with your Albright email address
- Arrive after an event begins and/or leave before it ends
- Do not complete all polls/questionnaires administered by organizers or hosts
- Attend more than FOUR (4) virtual live events on Zoom webinar. If the event is simultaneously broadcast on Facebook Live or YouTube Live, you can view it there (if you are interested). You will not receive Experience credit if you do view event on Facebook Live or YouTube Live.
- Experience technical difficulties with your computer or mobile device when connecting to Zoom webinar. We cannot provide any tech support. (Please note that if event hosts/organizers experience technical difficulties with Zoom webinar during an event, they have been instructed to re-schedule the event if possible in order to provide you another opportunity to earn Experience credit.)
You will only receive experience for seeing a show or performance once, even if it is the next year.
Students MAY NOT get Experience Credit for events that they participate in (Domino Players cannot get credit for a performance in which they act, direct, or work, orchestra members cannot get credit for events in which they play, etc.).
Students who complete the events by the end of their sophomore year will receive a “Q” on their transcript.
Students who do NOT complete their Experience requirement by the end of the sophomore year will receive an “I” (incomplete) on their transcript.
Students who complete the Experience requirements by the end of their junior year will have the “I” replaced by a “Q.”
Students who do NOT complete the Experience by the end of the junior year will have the “I” replaced by an “F.” The “F” will not be calculated into the GPA, but will remain permanently on the student’s record.
Students who complete the Experience events by the end of their senior year will have Experience listed a second time (as if they took the course a second time) with a “Q.”
Students who do not complete the Experience events will not graduate.
Students are able to access a list of their completed Experience Events by logging into the Identity System and expanding the “Experience Events” section.”
Students are rarely (almost never) given exemptions from the experience. If for some reason you feel you must try, you must make a written request by email to the chair of the Experience Committee (Melissa Katz, email@example.com) explaining and justifying your request. The email must also be copied to your advisor or it will not be considered. Then, your letter will be distributed to the Experience Committee and a decision will be made. You will be notified of the decision of the committee within two weeks.
In order to become a monitor, you must have completed the required number of experience events. You will then speak with the Masters Hall administrative assistant (room 126). It is a paid position.
To receive credit for any Experience event, students should pre-register on Canvas (Albright Experience) and view in the Zoom application. To view live on YouTube (non-credited), click on https://tinyurl.com/AlbrightEE at time of event.
Calendar of Events: