Online K-12 tutoring service provided by Albright College students!
Mission: The mission of the Albright TutorDen is to motivate, support and empower K-12 students in their learning to achieve success. We strive to cultivate student engagement and effectiveness in an increasingly diverse and demanding academic climate.
- Student-centered: To personalize educational supports enhancing cognitive, social, emotional and content driven skill sets.
- Service to Community: To reduce educational barriers while developing research-driven supports for student success.
- Empower Students: To establish and maintain positive peer and professional networks to increase a students’ self-efficacy.
- Community Engagement: Albright undergraduate students will serve as role models for youth in the community.
- Live, online tutoring
- Choose the learning and support environment most beneficial to the learner
- One-on-One tutoring: individualized and personalized supports
- Subject or grade specific tutoring
- Small group “Pod” tutoring: specific tutoring help with supportive peer interactions
- Albright undergraduate certified tutoring specialists trained in the nuances and navigation of online education
- Albright College undergraduates certified in tutor training will serve as role models for the youth in our community.
- There are no registration or evaluation fees
- Tutors work “behind the scenes” by 1) receiving continuous training and professional development while working with students to address an ever-changing educational landscape and 2) preparing supports to efficiently work with students during tutoring sessions
Personalize tutoring sessions or create a “Pod” of students for small group tutoring! Organize a group of your friends or colleagues, or we will help to group you with students who have similar needs.
|Number of Students||Program Cost Per Student with Albright Certified Tutor (for Fall or Spring Semester only)||Full Year- Fall and Spring with Albright Certified Tutor|
|1||$900 per semester (15 wks)||$1800/year- 30 weeks|
|Pods 2 to 3||$435 per semester (15 wks)||$870/year- 30 weeks|
|Pods 4 to 5||$300 per semester (15 wks)||$600/year- 30 weeks|
|1||Sept. 21 to Sept. 25|
|2||Sept. 28 to Oct. 2|
|3||Oct. 5 to Oct. 9|
|4||Oct. 12 to Oct. 16|
|5||Oct. 19 to Oct. 23|
|6||Oct. 26 to Oct. 30|
|7||Nov. 2 to Nov. 6|
|8||Nov. 9 to Nov. 13|
|9||Nov. 16 to Nov. 20|
|10||Dec. 1 to Dec. 4|
|11||Dec. 7 to Dec. 11|
|12||Dec. 14 to Dec. 18|
|13||Jan. 4 to Jan. 8|
|14||Jan. 11 to Jan. 15|
|15||Jan. 18 to Jan. 22|
|1||Feb. 1 to Feb. 5|
|2||Feb. 8 to Feb. 12|
|3||Feb. 15 to Feb. 19|
|4||Feb. 22 to Feb. 26|
|5||March 1 to March 5|
|6||March 8 to March 12|
|7||March 15 to March 19|
|8||March 22 to March 26|
|9||April 6 to April 9|
|10||April 12 to April 16|
|11||April 19 to April 23|
|12||April 26 to April 30|
|13||May 3 to May 7|
|14||May 10 to May 14|
|15||May 17 to May 21|
45 min. Sessions – 15 sessions live with students
- 5-min. introduction/pre-learning
- 30 min. Content-specific supports
- 10 min. Learning/process evaluation and prescriptive improvement goals
Individual student session – 20 minutes each session, 5 total sessions
- Personalized 20-minute session with each student for progress evaluation and goal setting- digital forms provided for tracking
- Beginning of program
- Week 3 or 4
- Week 7 or 8
- Week 11 or 12
Student-tutors will be working behind the scenes between tutoring sessions, and will continue to receive professional development training and mentoring from certified teachers.
Tutoring is available in:
- Homework help (K-12)
- Reading, writing and literacy (K-12)
- Mathematics (K-12)
- Middle/High School subject specific tutoring, including AP and Keystone courses
- Study skills, time management, navigating online education
- Social Studies
- World Languages
Tutor Sessions: The student may cancel a scheduled session up to one hour before the scheduled time for reasons of a family emergency or sickness and reschedule with their tutor. Lessons not attended for any other reason by the student without giving 48 hours prior notice to the tutor shall not be rescheduled. If the tutor cancels a session for any reason and at any time prior to the start of the session, the tutor agrees to reschedule with the student. Rescheduling of sessions must be agreed upon by both parties within three weeks. A substitute tutor may be utilized for rescheduled sessions if necessary. Refunds will not be administered.