Teaching and Learning Resources
- Fall 2018 Course Evaluation FAQs
- Course Evaluation Instructions (except online)
- Course Evaluation Instructions – Online
- Accessing Course Evaluation Results in the EvaluationKit Platform
- Registration – Teaching & Learning Collaboratory 2018
Join us for a day of lively and valuable discussion about teaching!
- Schedule – Teaching & Learning Collaboratory 2018
Mission Statement: To support Albright’s faculty in their mission of being excellent teachers, the Center for Teaching and Learning provides resources and support for faculty in all disciplines to enhance critical reflection on teaching and develop innovative pedagogies and curriculum that strengthen connections between teaching and learning.
Spotlight on Recent Awardees
Summer Teaching and Learning Awardees
- Justin Couchman, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Teresa Gilliams, Ph.D., Associate Professor of English, Chair
Teaching & Learning
Open Educational Resources (OER)
OER stands for Open Education Resources. OER are teaching and learning materials that you may freely use and reuse without charge.
New Faculty Mentoring
The Faculty Mentoring program is a great way for new faculty members to gain insight from their colleagues about teaching, learning, life inside and outside of the classroom and to become familiar with the College in general.
Advising is a core faculty responsibility at Albright.
Fourth Hour of Quality
A statement regarding the nature of the Fourth Hour of Quality at Albright.
Summer Teaching and Learning Award
This award supports time invested in researching, developing, and implementing methods and materials to significantly enhance teaching and student learning in a specific course or courses.
Experiential Learning and Career Development Center
The Center works with faculty to support students in the honors program, study abroad/off-campus, internships, service learning, undergraduate research, and in exploring concentrations and careers.
Information to assist in course development, including guiding questions for curriculum approval and several sample statements.
Centers for Teaching & Learning
- University of California-Berkeley Center for Teaching & Learning
- IUP Center for Teaching & Learning
- International Society for the Scholaship of Teaching & Learning (ISSOTL)
Teaching Newsletters & Journals
- Speaking of Teaching (Stanford U.)
- Active Learning in Higher Education
- Higher Education
- Syllabus (a new peer-reviewed publication dedicated to the college syllabus)
- Faculty Focus: Course Design and Development Report (requires that you sign up for a free membership)
Understanding and Preventing Plagiarism
- “You Quote It, You Note It”
Arcadia University developed this 10-minute tutorial to help students understanding how to cite when using quotations, paraphrases, and summaries.
- Purdue’s Online Writing Lab (OWL): Avoiding Plagiarism
OWL is famous for its extensive style manuals, but Purdue’s Online Writing Lab has many valuable resources beyond documentation styles, including this section with tips and other resources that will help students learn to avoid committing plagiarism.