Welcome to the Academic Affairs Faculty Resources page where you will find many resources for your daily and occasional needs. Links for the following Faculty Resources can be found on this page:
Faculty Resources for Understanding Academic Citizenship
Often hidden from the view of the public, academic citizenship or service is an integral part of faculty work. This work is obscure most of the time yet still highly valued by faculty and administration alike. Without it, the College could not function. Below are some links that will assist you in this honorable work.
- The Power of Academic Citizenship – (by Milton Greenberg for The Chronicle Review)
- What is Shared Governance? – (by Gary Olsen for Run your Campus in The Chronicle)
Academic Program Review
- APR Guidelines
- APR Appendices – Overview and Calendar
- Sample Departmental Self Study Reports and Action Plans
- Review History Summary
Faculty Support and Resources for Academic Advising
Academic advising is a core faculty responsibility at Albright.
The National Academic Advising Association Resources
Course and Program Development Resources
|Curriculum Proposal Forms||Course-Related Policies||Sample Syllabus Statements
The following examples of syllabus statements can be found on the above link:
|FERPA||First Year Seminar|
Department Chair Resources
- Academic Department Chair Handbook
- Admissions Letters
- Alumni Information Updates
- Alumni Information Requests
- Department Chair’s Task List
- Guidelines for Difficult Conversations
- Documentation Template for Difficult Conversations
- Course Substitution Form
- Responsibilities of the Full-Time Faculty
- Responsibilities of Part-Time Faculty
- Albright College Background Check Policy
- Student Employment Form
- Evaluation of Department Chair Form
- Teaching Load Chart
- Faculty Position Request Form
- Adjunct Request Form
- 2020-2023 Departmental Chairpersons
Faculty Contract & Performance
- Faculty Periodic Evaluation Guidelines, May 2018
- Annual Faculty Activity Report (AFAR)
- Course Evaluation Instructions and Sample
- Faculty Handbook
- College Policies
- 2022-2023 Academic Year Process and Due Dates Relevant to Tenure/Promotion, and 2-year, 4-year reviews
|Travel Forms||Monetary Forms||Other Forms|
***Forms for courses and other student forms are available on the Registrar‘s web page.
***Forms for Professional Development are available on the PC webpage***
Who’s Who in Academic Affairs
Academic Affairs Staff
Karen Campbell, Ph.D.
Acting Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Ph.D.: Indiana University (Vertebrate Physiology & Zoology)
- M.Sc.: York University (Invertebrate Endocrinology & Biochemistry)
- B.Sc.: Queen’s University (Biology & Zoology)
Angela M. Fonte,
Manager of Academic Affairs Administrative Services
Karen E. Shuker,
Secretary, Academic Affairs
Leigh Anne Fernandes,
Faculty Governance Assistant
Welcome to the “Faculty Toolbox” for Albright’s General Education program. Below you will find information from the General Education Committee (GEC) that will help you understand the details of the program and advise students. GEC looks forward to the continuing creativity of the faculty in building this general education curriculum. Please address questions you may have to Dr. Adam John, chair of the GEC, members of the Committee, or to the Registrar.
|General Studies Description and Outcomes||Advising Information for Faculty||General Education Courses Approved to Date|
|Faculty Resources||Faculty Resources
Albright Course Proposals
All submissions for course proposals including new courses, GE courses, revisions and deletions must be submitted through ProcessMaker software. See the links below for instructions to Processmaker and to the course proposal form.
There is no longer a need to get signatures from chairpersons and library liaisons – once the proposal is submitted through Processmaker it will be sent automatically to each responsible party in the process. As each person reviews and submits the proposal electronically, this will serve as a signature. Click here to view the proposal submission chain.
Please contact the help desk (7676) with any questions concerning the use of the ProcessMaker proposal form.
GEC 2017-18 Membership
- Adam John, Ph.D., Associate Professor of French and Spanish (chair)
- Lennie Amores, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Spanish (arts & humanities representative)
- Bryce Brylawski, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Biology (natural sciences representative)
- Carrie Skulley, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Political Science (social sciences representative)
- John Pankratz, Ph.D., Professor of History (Director of Experience program)
- Robert Seesengood, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Religious Studies (FYS coordinator)
- Joseph M. Thomas, Ph.D., Associate Provost and Dean for Academic Affairs (ex officio)
Albright Grants Office
For all your grant writing needs, please visit the Albright Grants Office.
Faculty Development grants are available through the Professional Council.
Scholarship circles encourage faculty scholarship and creative development through informal peer mentoring.
Council on Undergraduate Research
Albright College has an Enhanced Institutional Membership for CUR which means that any faculty, staff, or administrator can become a member AT NO COST!
Faculty members may create surveys through this platform in order to more effectively collect data.
Institutional Review Board (IRB)
The IRB oversees and reviews all research done at Albright College that involves human subjects.