Academic Help Center
Welcome to the Student Academic Resources Toolbox!
Albright College provides students with many offices dedicated to student academic success. This Toolbox was created for students to provide a centralized location for these offices’ academic support resources and to briefly familiarize students with these many offices and their services. Some of these resources apply across all academic years, while others are limited to the current academic year, and the toolbox has them organized by those categories under each office’s drop down menu.
In order to explore these offices and their services more deeply, or if the resource in question cannot be found in the toolbox, follow the links below to each office’s individual webpage to learn more and to access their contact information.
Current Student Resources
To see more, visit the Academic Learning Center home page.
To see more, visit the Experiential Learning & Career Development Center home page.
Gingrich Library – Your Success Is Why We’re Here!
- Research/reference support via telephone (610-921-7211); email (LibraryRef@albright.edu) in person or by chat (on the library website).
- Ability to renew books and make purchase suggestions online via your library account.
- Access to printing from library or other on-campus computers using the Pawprint printing software.
- Ability to use materials not found at Albright through the Tipasa (interlibrary loan) service, where the Albright Library borrows items it does not own for students.
- Reciprocal borrowing privileges at other academic libraries such as Kutztown University, Bucknell University, Franklin and Marshall College, Gettysburg College, Susquehanna University, Millersville University, as well as local colleges such as Alvernia University and Penn State Berks Campus. See specific information at ACLCP.org.
- Library Home Page
- Interlibrary Loan (Chrome and Firefox browsers only)
- Class Guides
- Database List
- Digital Collections from the Archives
- Paw Printing
- Paw Printing Mobile Login
To see more, visit the Gingrich Library home page.
- Student Overview of Lion’s Edge – PowerPoint
- Student Success Specialist Meeting Scheduling Through the Lions Edge
To see more, visit the Lion’s Edge home page.
- One on One Consultations
- Success Workshops & Seminars
- Alpha Program for Undeclared Students
- Academic Exploration
- College Financial Planning & Literacy
- Suggested Resources for High-Impact Practices
- Albright College Teaching & Learning Resources
- Event Calendar
Questions or Comments? Contact us by email at SuccessSpecialists@albright.edu.
To see more, visit the Office of Student Success home page.
This presentation provides tips and information on services for students who learn differently at Albright.
Students can learn more about the ADAAA and regulations for students with disabilities in higher education via the Transition Guide from the Department of Education.
Office Location and Contact Information
The Student Accessibility & Advocacy office is located in the Student Center Conference Room, down the hall from the Dining Hall. The office can be reached by phone at 610-921-7503 or by email at SAA@albright.edu.
Director’s Contact Information
Sherry Young, M.A.
Director of Student Accessibility & Advocacy
To see more, visit the Student Accessibility & Advocacy home page.
- How to Make an Appointment For an Online Session
- Adding Lead-Ins Before a Quote
- Avoiding Plagiarism Checklist with Examples
- Body Paragraph Structure
- Conclusions Handout Detailed
- Creative Approaches to Editing
- Creative Approaches to Revising
- Decoding Prompts and Assignment Sheets
- How to Read Humanities Articles
- How to Read Poetry
- How to Read Science Articles
- Introductions Handout Detailed
- Managing a Lot of Reading
- MLA Style Handout
- Punctuation Handout
- Sentence Structure
- Thesis Statements Handout
To see more, visit the Writing Center home page.