Academic Help Center
Welcome to the Student Academic Resources Toolbox!
Albright College provides students with many offices dedicated to student academic success. This Toolbox was created for students to provide a centralized location for these offices’ academic support resources and to briefly familiarize students with these many offices and their services. Some of these resources apply across all academic years, while others are limited to the current academic year, and the toolbox has them organized by those categories under each office’s drop down menu.
In order to explore these offices and their services more deeply, or if the resource in question cannot be found in the toolbox, follow the links below to each office’s individual webpage to learn more and to access their contact information.
Current Student Resources
To see more, visit the Academic Learning Center home page.
To see more, visit the Experiential Learning & Career Development Center home page.
Gingrich Library – Your Success Is Why We’re Here!
Indeed, student success is why we are here. The staff gives highest priority to helping students develop critical research skills.
Located in the Center for Computing and Mathematics (CCM) adjacent to the Chapel and Masters Hall, the library offers a wide range of services and resources. All students have complete access to the Gingrich Library cataLION catalog, electronic books, and all of its electronic databases from on-campus, in residence halls, or off-campus (via their LionLINK username and password). Students can request, free of charge, almost any book or article through our interlibrary loan system. Librarians are always ready to answer questions and help students find materials and reference assistance is available 24/7 through the College’s participation in the Chat with a Librarian service. Visit the library’s home page for important information and links to our services.
The services offered by the library include, but are not limited to:
- Instruction and research assistance in using resources in the library and on the Internet.
- Research/reference support via telephone (610-921-7211); email (LibraryRef@albright.edu) in person or by chat (on the library website).
- Access to the library catalog and library journal databases.
- Ability to renew books and make purchase suggestions online via your library account.
- Circulation of books, electronic books, and audiovisual materials.
- Access to the hi-speed college wireless network, both inside and outside the building.
- Access to printing from library or other on-campus computers using the Pawprint printing software.
- Ability to use materials not found at Albright through the Tipasa (interlibrary loan) service, where the Albright Library borrows items it does not own for students.
- Reciprocal borrowing privileges at other academic libraries such as Kutztown University, Bucknell University, Franklin and Marshall College, Gettysburg College, Susquehanna University, Millersville University, as well as local colleges such as Alvernia University and Penn State Berks Campus. See specific information at ACLCP.org.
- Special assistance for physically challenged students.
Additional services and support options are available via the library LION website at http://library.albright.edu.
- Library Home Page
- Class Guides
- Database List
- Digital Collections from the Archives
- Paw Printing
- Paw Printing Mobile Login
To see more, visit the Gingrich Library home page.
- Student Overview of Lion’s Edge – PowerPoint
- Student Success Specialist Meeting Scheduling Through the Lions Edge
To see more, visit the Lion’s Edge home page.
This presentation provides tips and information on services for students who learn differently at Albright.
Students can learn more about the ADAAA and regulations for students with disabilities in higher education via the Transition Guide from the Department of Education.
Office Location and Contact Information
The Student Accessibility & Advocacy office is located in the Student Center Conference Room, down the hall from the Dining Hall. The office can be reached by phone at 610-921-7503 or by email at SAA@albright.edu.
Director’s Contact Information
Sherry Young, M.A.
Director of Student Accessibility & Advocacy
To see more, visit the Student Accessibility & Advocacy home page.