Advising and Registration
Registration for Summer 2023 and Fall 2023 begins in late March. We want you to be fully prepared prior to your registration day, so we’ve gathered some helpful hints, instructional materials, and important dates below to help. As always, if you have any questions during the advising and registration process, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration begins at 7:30am on each day.
- Monday, March 20, 2023: Advising period begins for Summer and Fall 2023 (Note: summer registration will occur in Spring 2023)
- Monday, March 27, 2023 – SPS Students, Seniors (Class of 2023)
- Tuesday, March 28, 2023: Current Juniors (Class of 2024)
- Wednesday March 29, 2023 – Priority Registration Groups
- Friday, March 31, 2023 – Current Sophomores (Class of 2025)
- Monday, April 3, 2023 – First Year Students (Class of 2026)/Returning Students/New Transfer Students
You should register for courses via Self Service. If you have not registered for courses using Self Service, we encourage you to review the Self Service Registration instructions prior to registration.
You can view the section offerings either via a Section Search in Self Service or by reviewing the course schedule booklet. Please note: the course schedule booklet is not regularly updated. Students are encouraged to view available course offerings in Self Service for current information.
Your Adviser must authorize your Self Service account for you to register. Your Adviser is listed in Self Service at the bottom of your Course Schedule. If you have more than one Adviser, either one can authorize your registration. Because only your Adviser can authorize your registration, it is very important that your correct Adviser is listed in the system. If you are changing your Major and Adviser, you MUST follow the process on our website to change your major.
You will not be able to register if there is a HOLD on your account. You should contact the College office that applied the hold to learn more about how to have it removed.
Students are permitted to enroll in a maximum of 4 courses during the Summer term. Courses may be taught using an in-person, hybrid, or online instructional modality. To determine the instructional format for a course, you should review the “Type” designation in Self Service
Summer Course Offerings
Accelerated Degree Program
The semester remains in its standard 15-week format. Typically, students are permitted to enroll in a maximum of 4 units during the semester. Some exceptions to this rule are available in the Course Loads policy.
Fall Course Offerings
Accelerated Degree Program
- Course – course will be taught using the standard in-person format.
- Hybrid Course – course will be taught using a mixture of online and in-person activities.
- Online Course – course will be taught in fully online format, either synchronously (at a specific time) or asynchronously (no specific meeting time).
Advanced Search in Self Service
Below are some brief videos demonstrating some of the advanced search features in Self Service. We hope you find these helpful to aid in your registration planning for spring semester. Although each video demonstrates one aspect of advanced search, you can combine any of the search criteria for a more useful search (e.g., online general education humanities courses).
Search for Online Courses
To search for online courses, select Advanced Search. On the Advanced Search menu, select the Period, Session , and Course Type (Online Course).
Search for General Education Courses
To search for general education courses, select Advanced Search. On the Advanced Search menu, select the Period, Session, and General Education (whatever you want to search for) to find courses that meet specific General Education requirements.