Maintaining Strong Passwords
All LionLink passwords must meet the following complexity requirements:
- 10 or more characters
- Characters from 3 of the 4 following groups:
- An upper-case letter
- A lower-case letter
- A number
- A special character (~ ` ! @ # $ % ^ & * – _ .)
- Cannot contain a portion of your username
- Cannot be any of your 3 previous passwords
For a strong password, you should also incorporate the following:
- Sentences or phrases
- A combination of mixed-case letters, numbers and special characters
- A variation of capitalization throughout the password
- Have over 12 combined characters that make up the password (16 or more is ideal)
Avoid creating passwords that use:
- Single dictionary words in any language.
- Words spelled backwards, common misspellings, and abbreviations.
- Sequences or repeated characters. Examples: 12345678, 222222, abcdefg, or adjacent letters on your keyboard (qwerty).
- Personal information. Your name, birthday, driver’s license, passport number, etc…
Passwords should be changed regularly!
To change your LionLink password, go to the Albright Password Reset page: https://lionlink.albright.edu. You must first establish personal security questions, then you may reset your own password at any time, 24/7, without the assistance of Client Services staff.
NOTE: LionLink passwords are not used for older Albright Gmail accounts. If you still access your Albright email through Gmail, you must be logged into your Albright Gmail account to change your password.
For assistance in resetting ANY of your Albright related account passwords, please contact Client Services at 610-921-7676, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.