What Is an Internship?
“Internships are short-term, on-the-job learning experiences designed to allow students to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-world, professional work setting.” – Intern Bridge
Internships are a great way to “test out” and gain experience in a career field. Another benefit is that they can lead to networking or employment opportunities. You should start looking for an internship well in advance. Here are some resources to help get you started! Learn More About Where Albright Students Have Interned.
On-Campus Internship Interviews
Employers come to campus October-November and March-April each year to interview you for internship and full-time opportunities. Visit Albright’s Handshake to research participating employers/opportunities.
The Experiential Learning and Career Development Center is going green! Our entire internship process is now through Handshake. As a student, you can not only use Handshake find the perfect for-credit or for-experience internship opportunity, but also complete all steps of the Internship Learning Agreement process.
Ready to start the process?
- Log in to Handshake using your Lion Pass information
- Click “Career Center” in the top menu bar
- Select “Experiences”
- Click “Request an Experience/Internship”
- Choose “Internship”
- Enter the employer details for your Experience/Internship
- Enter the job details for your Experience/Internship
- Enter the Approvers for your Experience/Internship. They will be your Faculty Internship Advisor and your Employer/Site Internship Supervisor
- Enter dates of your internship and the description as provided by the Employer/Site Internship Supervisor
- Read and agree to your responsibilities as an Albright student intern
- Select “Request Experience” in the bottom right corner of the page to complete the Experience request process. You will then see that your Experience has been successfully created and is pending approval from the ELCDC followed by your Faculty Internship Supervisor
- Contact your Faculty Internship Advisor to obtain a copy of the internship course syllabus and discuss your learning goals and objectives for the internship
- At the end of your internship, you will be prompted to complete the Student Evaluation of Internship through Handshake
If you experience any issues, please don’t hesitate to contact the ELCDC.
Other Helpful Links
The Experiential Learning and Career Development Center provides access to several online services to assist you in your search which are listed below. Please contact the ELCDC if you do not know or are having trouble with your user id and password.
A semi-monthly publication of hundreds of internship and full-time positions in the environmental field. Contact the Center for the user ID and password.
An inside look at jobs and companies including salaries, reviews, and more – all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
The Experiential Learning and Career Development Center’s online service, Handshake, is available 24/7 for Albright students and alumni to search for full-time, part-time, seasonal or internship opportunities.
Albright College – Employers in Pennsylvania by Major
|Accounting||4,986||Drama, Theater & Visual Arts||1,654||Management Information|
|Art & Fine Arts||1,730||English||10,069||Mathematics||8,541|
|Asian Studies||261||Environmental Studies||972||Music||1,074|
|Business Management||29,416||Graphic Design & Commercial Art||1,586||Political Science||4,352|
|Cinematography||871||Human Development & Family Studies||6,648||Public Health||274|
|Classical Studies||1,310||International Affairs||81||Public Policy||4,500|
|Communications & Media Studies||5,602||International Business||357||Public Relations||254|
|Criminal Justice||2,896||Language Studies||456||Social Work||14,926|
Albright College – Employers in the U.S. by Major
|Accounting||129,667||Drama, Theater & Visual Arts||44,114||Management Information|
|Art & Fine Arts||48,850||English||266,399||Mathematics||223,968|
|Asian Studies||9,041||Environmental Studies||23,995||Music||28,627|
|Business Management||814,648||Graphic Design & Commercial Art||43,799||Political Science||76,839|
|Cinematography||32,569||Human Development& Family Studies||158,356||Public Health||10,769|
|Classical Studies||30,199||International Affairs||4,280||Public Policy||82,302|
& Media Studies
|166,345||International Business||19,071||Public Relations||8,814|
|Criminal Justice||67,535||Language Studies||17,813||Social Work||370,697|