ELCDC Workshop Descriptions
Thank you for your interest in requesting a workshop hosted by the ELCDC! Below you will find brief descriptions of each workshop to help determine which is the right one for your needs.
General Workshop Topics
Intro to the Experiential Learning and Career Development Center
- This workshop will provide a basic overview of all that the ELCDC has to offer! From classes to career and beyond, we can assist with all of your career development needs.
What is Experiential Learning & Why Should I Care?
- Experiential learning includes activities and experiences that enhance in-class learning. In this workshop, you will learn about the different experiential learning opportunities that Albright offers and how these opportunities can support your professional development.
Choosing or Changing Your Major?
- Choosing/changing a major is a big decision, but it doesn’t have to be a complicated one! The staff at the ELCDC is here to help you figure your exactly what your passion is so you can pursue it.
- Resumes are the basis for professional development. Discover how you structure a resume that will land you the perfect job!
What’s a Cover Letter?
- Cover Letters are often required along with a resume, but what exactly are they and how do they help you? Find out in this helpful workshop!
Beyond Indeed and Glassdoor: How Handshake, Career Shift, and LinkedIn Can Help You Find the Perfect Internship or Job
- Since there are so many job search engines out there, it’s often difficult to navigate which are the most beneficial. But don’t worry-the ELCDC can help you find resources that go beyond Indeed and Glassdoor.
Job Fair Preparation: What to Do and What Not to Do
- Job Fairs are an excellent networking opportunity and a place where you can find your next potential job or internship! The ELCDC can help you prepare for attending a job fair and provide pointers on the Do’s and Don’ts.
Interviewing Skills: Ready for the Hot Seat
- Prepping for an interview doesn’t have to be intimidating! This workshop will provide you with all the tips and tricks for having a confident, successful interview.
Networking (and We Don’t Mean Facebook)
- We all know that networking is important, but how exactly do you form meaningful connections with strangers? This workshop is your answer to all things networking so you can enter any professional social situation prepared and confident!
Graduate School: To Go or Not to Go?
- Deciding to go to grad school is an involved process but it doesn’t have to be complicated. From getting help with determining the right program to writing a personal statement, the ELCDC will be there every step of the way!
Study Abroad: Options for Everyone!
- Study Abroad sounds daunting and out of budget for many students, but that’s not the case at all! We can definitely help you find a study abroad program that fits your budgetary and academic needs.
From Study Abroad to Career: Put Your International Experience to Work and Demonstrate Skills and Knowledge to Employers
- Studying abroad is not just fun and a chance to travel with your friends-it also provides you with valuable professional experience you can use in your future careers! Find out how you can sell your study abroad experience in this workshop.
Finance for the College Student: How To Manage Debt, Budgets, and More (Truist Financial-Virtual)
- We know that finance is crucial for everybody, in life, school, or work, but sometimes aren’t sure where to start. This workshop in partnership with Truist Financial will provide an overview of how to manage your personal finances and more!
FYS Workshop Series
*These workshops are specifically geared towards FYS students to help get them started on their college and career journey!*
- This workshop will include an intro to the ELCDC and an overview of what exactly professional development is and how you can start your professional development journey at Albright.
- Take our Focus2 career assessment to discover which career path might be right for you! Learn about major exploration and how to self-assess your own skills.
- Do you have a draft of a resume yet or aren’t sure where to begin? Don’t worry! This workshop will cover exactly what should go in a resume and cover letter.
- Transferable skills are skills that can be applied from one area of knowledge to another. Learn about how to identify your own transferable skills and how to market them to employers when applying for jobs, internships, or other positions!
- Interested in studying abroad but aren’t sure how the process works or if you can afford it? Our director of study abroad is here to answer all your questions!
- Interviewing doesn’t have to be intimidating if you’ve got the right set of skills! This workshop will prepare you for a stellar interview so you can have peace of mind when you’re in the hot seat.
Get Involved at Albright!
- Your college experience is so much more than learning inside the classroom. We’re all about the holistic education and how co-curricular/extracurricular activities can support your academics. Find out how you can get involved and ‘find your people’ at Albright!