The Academic Affairs Division endeavors to support faculty and students in the teaching and learning mission by providing curricula, personnel, services, and programs in the liberal arts and sciences tradition.
Our goals are:
- To support faculty in fulfilling their roles as creators and providers of the curriculum.
- To provide support for quality graduate and undergraduate programs that prepare students for careers and lifelong learning by inculcating the principles of active learning, critical thinking, inclusiveness, diversity, global perspectives, and interdisciplinary experiences.
- To inspire excellence in research, scholarship, creative work, and community service.
- To advocate for and empower students in their academic and professional undertakings.
- To impart effective, just, and consistent academic policies, programs, and practices.
- To model effective leadership and collaboration to the entire campus and to make available and promote the resources of our division for positive community impact.
- To ensure institutional effectiveness through careful planning, assessment, and fiscal responsibility.
- To provide service to the campus and external community that is conducive to promoting the college’s principles of service excellence.
Academic Affairs Staff
Karen Campbell, Ph.D.
Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Ph.D.: Indiana University (Vertebrate Physiology & Zoology)
- M.Sc.: York University (Invertebrate Endocrinology & Biochemistry)
- B.Sc.: Queen’s University (Biology & Zoology)
Angela M. Fonte
Manager of Academic Affairs Administrative Services
Leigh Anne Fernandes
Faculty Governance Assistant