Spring 2023 Annual Juried Student Art Show Prospectus
Call for Entries
Submission is open to ALL currently enrolled students at Albright College, in ALL majors, and in ALL media (painting, printmaking, photography, video/film, sculpture, etc.). All submissions must be original and have been created since April 2022. Several cash and cash-equivalent prized will be selected by the juror and others.
Juror: Femi J. Johnson
Exhibit Dates: Thurs., April 27—Fri., May 12, Freedman Gallery, Freedman Gallery, Albright College
Reception & Award Ceremony: Thur., May 4, 5-7 p.m., Freedman Gallery
SUBMISSION, SELECTION AND ELIGIBILITY:
- Submission: ALL work should be submitted in-person, except for: 1.) digital video and digital illustration or digital prints intended to be shown digitally, which can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of the Entry Form, and 2.) large-scale sculpture (larger than 5’ x 5’ x 5’, which should be listed on the Entry Form as “in Sculpture Studio.”) Digital video should be in an h264 mp4 format, and digital illustrations/prints should be converted to jpg, png or tiff, with 800×800 pixels or higher with a resolution of 72 dpi. Make sure the file is no larger than 5MB. If juried into the show, digital work will be shown on a monitor in a group format.
- Work submitted in person should be taken to the gallery on Mon.-Tues., April 17-18, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- An Entry Form should be completed by each artist, which includes full information for every piece being entered. You can enter up to six (6) pieces for consideration by the juror.
- A Label for each piece should also be completely filled out for each submission and attached to the work when submitted.
- All media are eligible for consideration. Not more than six (6) pieces may be submitted by each artist. Works previously submitted to the Juried Student Art Show will not be accepted.
- 2-D work should be matted or framed and ready to hang, this includes digital work. Video should be formatted to mp4. Specifications for digital video or illustrations/prints are listed above. – Exhibition acceptance and most awards will be determined by the juror, except as noted, and all decisions by the juror will be final.
For work that needs to be matted:
Matting Demo with Professor Kristen Woodward
April 11, 4 p.m.
- Notification of Accepted Works: A list of works juried into the show will be posted in the gallery’s Foyer on Thur., April 20, and sent via email to all students submitting work. Work not accepted into the show will be placed in the gallery’s Foyer for students to collect on Thur.-Fri., April 20-21. All work must be collected by Fri., April 21, 5 p.m., or it may be disposed of at the discretion of gallery.
- Works juried into the show must be available for the duration of the show and cannot be removed during the run. Artwork juried into the show may be collected on Fri., May 12, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Artwork not collected may be disposed of at the discretion of gallery staff.
Sales: Sale of artwork is encouraged. The Gallery does not collect a fee on the sale of student art work. All sales will be in cash or by check, made payable to the artist. All payments can be collected by the artist at the end of the show. The artist will be responsible for shipping artwork to the purchaser, if the purchaser is not available to collect the artwork in person at the end of the show. If the work is not priced, we will assume you do not want to sell your artwork.
Agreement: The Freedman Gallery reserves the right to photograph accepted artwork and use it in promotional materials and websites. The submission of artwork to this exhibition will constitute an agreement to all the conditions in these guidelines.
|Matting Demo for 2-D Artwork: April 11, 4 p.m., CFA 139|
|SUBMISSION DEADLINE Mon.-Tues., April 17-18, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.|
|ENTRANTS NOTIFIED OF ACCEPTANCE Thur., April 20|
|WORK NOT ACCEPTED TO THE SHOW PICKUP Thur.-Fri., April 20-21 (must be picked up by Fri Apr 21, 5 p.m.)|
|EXHIBIT OPENS IN-GALLERY TUESDAY, April 27|
|AWARDS ANNOUNCED THURSDAY Thur., May 4, 5-7 p.m., Freedman Gallery|
|ARTWORK PICK-UP (by Artist or Purchaser) Fri., May 12, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.|