About Reading, PA
Ranked a “Best Place to Live” and “Best Place to Retire” by U.S. News & World Report, Reading is a medium-sized city in Berks County, Pennsylvania. Albright College is located in the city’s historic northeast College Heights neighborhood.
150 Best Places to Live in the U.S. in 2020-21
U.S. News & World Report analyzed the 150 metro areas across the country, ranking locations on value, desirability, job market and quality of life. Reading, Pa. ranked:
- #96 – Best Places to Live
- #51 – Best Places to Retire
- #4 – Best Places to Live in Pennsylvania
Discover things to do in and around Reading, Pa!
- Catch a concert in Reading’s 9,000 seat Santander Arena or get up close and personal in the historical Santander Performing Arts Center (built in the 1870s — only 20 years after Albright was born!)
- Watch a movie or start a new art project with materials like hot glass, paint, wood and more at the GoggleWorks Center for the Arts.
- Take a walk through West Reading’s artisan shops, restaurants and unique boutiques.
- Festivals and events populate every season — from Reading’s Fire + Ice Fest, Berks Jazz Fest, Reading Liederkranz’s Oktoberfest, Mid Atlantic Air Museum’s WWII Weekend and Koziar’s Christmas Village.
- See Pennsylvania’s spectacular autumn display on a train ride from Hamburg to the Poconos.
- Go underground in Crystal Cave — or look out over the city and beyond, from the scenic view of Reading’s Pagoda, on top of Mount Penn.
- Or leave civilization behind! The Greater Reading Trails System offers over 125 miles of biking and hiking trails certified by the International Mountain Biking Association. See Great Blue Herons, Eagles and Osprey from a kayak on Blue Marsh Lake.
The City of Reading is also home to professional sports:
Reading Royals ice hockey
Philadelphia Flyers’ ECHL affiliate
Home ice: Santander Arena, Reading, Pa.
Reading Fightin Phils baseball
Philadelphia Phillies’ AA team
Home field: FirstEnergy Stadium, Reading, Pa., is the most historic stadium in the Eastern League — 36 years older than any other park in the league!
Come to learn and find your home in Reading, Pa.
– Learn more about living, working, playing and learning in Greater Reading.
– Get a free local area guide at https://visitpaamericana.com/