Intellectual Wellness is the ability to recognize your creativity, as a way to stimulate your mind.
Wellness Home | Spiritual | Emotional | Intellectual | Physical | Social | Environmental | Financial | Feedback
Intellectual Wellness at Albright College
“Physical fitness is not only one of the most important Keys to a healthy body;
it is the bais of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” - John F. Kennedy
The Wellness Program at Albright College promotes intellectual wellness among community members through education of physical activity and exercise, participation in scholastic and cultural activities, and promotion of healthy life choices. This site serves as an educational hub for Intellectual Wellness opportunities, activities and resources on and off the Albright campus.
- Participation in scholastic, cultural, and community activities is found to assist people maintaining good cognitive functions as they age. The following are opportunities to take advantage of at Albright.
- Experience Events Calendar – Broaden your horizons and exercise your brain by going to speakers, performances, and discussions about different topics.
- Course Catalog – Ever consider taking or auditing an Albright class? Maybe for training and development or just for fun!
- Professional Development – The College offers internal Service Excellence and Management & Leadership training. You can also see divisional supervisors for additional opportunities.
- The Albright Library – Reading can stimulate the senses!
- Center For the Arts
- Community Opportunities – Similar to the opportunities at Albright there are numerous cultural and historical opportunities in Berks County to get your mind going. Healthy mind, healthy body. Here are some recommendations from the Wellness Committee:
- Exercise and Intellectual Wellness – The following are studies that show that physical activity and exercise promotes mental wellness, helps minimize stress and anxiety, and improves the brain’s ability to solve problems. Another great resource is Albright’s Schumo Center for Fitness and Well-Being, stop by today!
- Being better prepared and educated to handle stress, work-life-balance, and other family situation can prevent or assist in alleviating things such as depression that can cause larger problems at work, school, and home. The following are recourses available.
- EAP information
- Brown bag lunch
- Career Services and ALC information on Time and Stress Management
- Puzzles to stimulate your brain