Theatre Talent Awards
Albright College offers Theatre Talent Awards of $3,000 to $5,000 per year to students with outstanding theatrical talent in performance, design, directing, costuming or management. Theatre Talent Awards are independent of merit scholarships and need-based financial aid.
Theatre Talent Awards are given on the basis of an on-campus talent review. Talent reviews will last approximately 20 minutes and will include an audition for performers. In order to be considered for talent awards, the student must have submitted an application for admission to Albright College.
- Students must prepare two short monologues (about 60 seconds each) from plays that they like. Monologues must be memorized, and students must be prepared to talk about the plays from which the monologues came.
- Students are welcome to perform a musical selection, but there will not be an accompanist available, so students must plan accordingly.
- It is possible that the faculty will ask a student to make a few adjustments to one of the monologues to see how the student responds to direction.
Backstage (designers, technicians, stage managers, costumers, directors):
- Students must present documentation of shows on which they have worked in the past and be prepared to discuss their experiences with the faculty.
Scheduling a Talent Review
2014-15 talent reviews will be held on Friday November 7, 2014 and on January 23, 24, and 25, 2015. All talent submissions must be complete by February 1, 2015. Call the Admission Office at (800) 252-1856.
Students being reviewed for a talent award will be informed of the decision on a rolling basis shortly after their audition.
Maintaining Your Talent Award
Theatre Talent Awards are renewable for four years with the following conditions:
- Students must enroll in at least one theatre class each year.
- Students must significantly participate in at least one Domino Players production each year.
Students may satisfy both of these requirements by taking THR 201, “Production Experience.” Since it is a quarter-credit course, one may easily add it to a full regular course load. If one takes THR 201 four years, it will count as a full course, satisfy the general studies fine arts requirement and satisfy the requirements for maintaining the Theatre Talent Award.
Come See a Show
The Domino Players present four major productions annually. Prospective students may request complimentary tickets or visit rehearsals. Upcoming productions can be found at www.albright.edu/centerforthearts . For more information about complimentary tickets or visiting rehearsals, please contact the box office 610-921-7547 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards are renewable for four years of study at Albright. Students receiving these awards are free to pursue any major they wish. To schedule an audition, departmental review or portfolio review, please call (800) 252-1856.