September is Rape and Sexual Assault Awareness Month
Facts about rape and sexual assault-
- Studies show that 1 in 4 women will be the target of some form of sexual assault during their lifetimes
- Most rape survivors were acquainted with their attackers
- It is estimated that only 1 in 10 rapes are ever reported
- 75% of all rapes are alcohol or drug related
Reduce your risk of rape-
- Keep a clear head. Maintain control of yourself at all times.
- Set sexual limits for yourself, and make sure your date knows them
- Trust your instincts. If a situation doesn't feel right to you, walk away
For further information about what to do if you are raped or sexually assaulted, visit the information on this website.