TIP OF THE MONTH
June is National Safety Month
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home and in or near all bedrooms, and test the batteries at least once a month so you'll know they are working.
- Make sure all porches, hallways and stairwells are well lit. Use the maximum safe wattage in light fixtures. (Maximum wattage is typically posted inside light fixtures.)
- Keep medicines and household chemicals and cleaners up high, out of the reach of children, preferably in a locked cabinet.
- Keep a first-aid kit at home and one in the car.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun. Take frequent breaks throughout the day if you have to be in the sun. Drink plenty of water.
Phone numbers to keep handy:
- Poison Control Center 1-800-222-1222
- Reading Hospital 610-988-8218
- St. Joseph 's Hospital 610-378-2330
:: Tip of the Month Archives ::