TIP OF THE MONTH
Foods That Keep You Looking Young
Can certain foods really keep you looking young? The answer is YES!! Eating too much of poor quality foods like those with trans fats, loads of sugar and any processed meats can increase inflammation in your body which is the same process that causes aging.
Some examples of poor quality foods are:
Potato chips and French fries Hot dogs, bacon, pepperoni
Doughnuts and sugary pastries Fatty red meats
Eating foods that are very high in antioxidants may slow the aging process-which in turn keeps you looking young. Consuming a variety of the following foods will keep you healthy and looking your best.
Here is a list of foods that you should be getting more of:
- Romaine Lettuce (packed with vitamins A and C, antioxidant vitamins that help battle inflammation)
- Tomatoes (high in lycopene-an antioxidant)
- Salmon, tuna, herring (high in omega-3 fatty acids, which fight inflammation)
- Whole grains such as oatmeal, whole breads and pastas, brown rice (fight inflammation)
- Berries- blueberries, blackberries, black grapes (high antioxidants)
- Watermelon (vitamin A, B, and C)
Again, eating a wide variety of these foods and other health foods is the key to keep you looking younger and keep you energized. Happy, Healthy Eating!
For more information regarding this fascinating topic, please see the following websites:
Daisy Nieves, CMA
:: Tip of the Month Archives ::