- Samantha Wesner, M.S.N., C.R.N.P., R.N.C., Associate Dean of Students and Director of the Gable Health Center
- Joshua Williamson, M.D., College Physician
- Karen Ashcroft, MA, Medical Assistant
- Daisy Nieves, CMA, Medical Assistant
- Jill Zelinsky, RD, LDN, Registered Dietician
Samantha Wesner, M.S.N., C.R.N.P., R.N.C., Associate Dean of Students and Director of the Gable Health Center - email@example.com
Since 1997, Samantha Wesner has been a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner licensed to provide care in the State of Pennsylvania. Since 1998 she has been Nationally Certified by the National Certification Corporation. She is a graduate of Drexel University, the Lancaster General Hospital School of Nursing, Franklin and Marshall College, Eastern University, the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc. Family Planning Council and the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Center for Professional Development.
She is a member of the Delta Tau-At-Large Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, the Honor Society of Nursing, the American College Health Association, the Berks County Nurse Practitioners Association, the Lehigh Valley Nurses Association, and the Eastern Star. She has been recognized by the Manchester Who's Who. She has experience as a registered nurse since 1988 and has been an experienced provider in Women's Health Care since 1997. She has been working in the subspecialty of college health since 1998.
In addition to providing patient care, she provides the direct oversight of the day to day operations of the Gable Health Center. She is responsible for health and wellness related program development at Albright College, and she is the Director of the Center for Wellbeing and past Director of the Women's Center. She has been a guest speaker for the Community Prevention Partnership of Berks County, Berks County Television, the Berks County Intermediate Unit and the Reading Area Community College. In 2003 she served on the Community Prevention Partnership Ecstasy and other Club Drugs Task Force. She has been an instructor for Rape Aggression Defense since 1999 and an instructor for Rape Aggression Defense for Kids since 2001.
As a nurse practitioner Sam can exercise autonomy in medical decision making and provide a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. She can diagnose and treat illnesses using the medical and nursing model.
Services performed by the nurse practitioner include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluation: Eliciting a detailed medical history, performing an appropriate physical examination, delineating problems, and recording information in the medical record.
- Monitoring: Developing and implementing patient treatment plans.
- Diagnostics: Ordering and interpreting common laboratory, radiologic and other routine diagnostic procedures used to identify pathophysiologic processes.
- Therapeutics: Management of acute gynecologic conditions, acute illness including but not limited to performing routine procedures such as injections, immunizations, wound care, and managing simple conditions such as infections.
- Counseling: Instructing and counseling patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, family planning, sexually transmitted infections, situational adjustment reactions and health maintenance.
- Referral: Facilitating the referral of patients to specialty providers when appropriate.
In her spare time, Sam enjoys being with her family, traveling and playing tennis.
Joshua Williamson, M.D. , College Physician
Dr. Williamson received his Bachelor of Arts in Biology and Doctor of Medicine from West Virginia University. He completed his Residency and Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship at Jersey Shore University Medical Center. For the past five years Dr. Williamson has been working with Coventry Pediatrics as a Physician and Sports Medicine Specialist
Karen Ashcroft , MA, Medical Assistant
Karen Ashcroft is a 1975 graduate of Lehigh County Community College as a certified Medical Assistant.
Her past experience includes fifteen year of experience in various medical offices performing both clinical and clerical duties and seven years of experience in a dental office as an assistant/receptionist.
In her spare time, Karen enjoys keeping up with the activities of her three teen-age children, walking and playing tennis.
Daisy Nieves , CMA, Medical Assistant
2005 Graduate of Berks Technical Institute as a Certified Medical Assistant
She has five years experience in family medicine performing both clinical and clerical assignments. In her spare time Daisy enjoys being with her family.
Jill Zelinsky, RD, LDN, Registered Dietician
Jill Zelinsky is a registered dietician with 20 years of experience. She obtained a bachelor of science degree in food and nutrition from Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, PA. She completed an American Dietetic Association Internship at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in San Diego, California. She is a member of the American Dietetic Association and is a licensed dietitian/nutritionist in the state of Pennsylvania.
Jill offers medical nutrition therapy and nutrition counseling services at the Gable Health Center for:
- weight management
- high cholesterol
- high blood pressure
- eating disorders
- sports nutrition
Individual sessions are scheduled for 30 - 60 minutes. Appointments are available on specific Wednesday evenings and can be scheduled by contacting the Health Center.