Bachelor of Science in Accounting
The accounting department offers a major in accounting that prepares students for the CPA* profession, careers in corporate, governmental and not-for-profit accounting, or graduate study. Albright College is currently a candidate for ACBSP accreditation.
Accounting Fact Sheet (Albright Career Development Center)
Accounting Careers (Albright Career Development Center)
Requirements to sit for CPA Exam (Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
BLS Occupational Outlook (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
Albright College Faculty
- Gertrude A. Eguae-Obazee, D.B.A., C.P.A.
Associate Professor, Chair & Academic Program Coordinator
- Joseph Cunningham, M.B.A., C.P.A.
- Thomas Schuster, M.S., C.P.A.
Albright College’s Accounting Program strives to prepare qualified students with a well-rounded undergraduate education in accounting. Our program combines the general liberal arts, functional knowledge of the global business environment, and a comprehensive accounting education.
The strength of the accounting undergraduate program lies in its strong practical and theoretical content emphasis to help students prepare for ethical participation in various accounting careers, which includes careers in public and private accounting and governmental and not-for-profit accounting. The program also prepares students for graduate studies in accounting, taxation, international business, and business.
Assessments frequently measure two types of outcomes, which are skills related specifically to accounting and more general, transferable career skills. The Accelerated Degree Program in Accounting at Albright College requires demonstration of specific accounting competencies, such as knowledge of tax laws and financial reporting requirements. Transferable skills identified by the U.S. Department of Labor which include reading, writing, and arithmetic, problem-solving, critical thinking and communications skills are also common targets of assessments for this program.
78 credits in general studies & elective credits
48 credits in Accounting at Albright College
- ACC 905 Accounting: The Language of Business
- ACC 908 Financial Accounting
- ACC 912 Financial Reporting I
- ACC 914 Financial Reporting II
- ACC 916 Financial Reporting III
- ACC 920 Federal Taxation I
- ACC 930 Federal Taxation II
- ACC 935 Government-Not for Profit Accounting
- ACC 945 Corporate Reporting
- ACC 910 Managerial Accounting
- ACC 980 Strategic Cost Accounting
- ACC 940 Professional Issues in Accounting
- ACC 960 Auditing I
- ACC 962 Auditing II
- ACC 950 International Accounting
- ACC 990 Accounting Issues