The Academic Learning Center’s mission is to provide a variety of academic support and opportunities to enhance academic achievement for all students. The Center works collaboratively with faculty, academic departments, and student services to provide a comprehensive set of support programs tailored to meet each individual student’s needs. The Center offers a College Reading and Learning Association-certified peer tutoring program, academic workshop series, academic probation recovery program, and individualized academic coaching sessions to help students develop into scholars and leaders while supporting retention goals.
- Oversee and maintain peer tutoring program, which provides both individual and group tutoring for 100 and 200 level General Education courses.
- Provide academic coaching, specifically to freshman, sophomore and at-risk students, and manage the Academic Probation Recovery Program.
- Organize and facilitate Academic Enrichment Workshops
- Support faculty and their courses
- Provide meaningful academic leadership and experiential learning opportunities for students through the CRLA-certified peer tutoring program.