Albright at a Glance
General information about academic information, programs of study, student services, and admission to Albright.
Albright's location in Reading, Pa., provides you with a lovely, suburban campus setting next to a colorful mid-sized American city and metropolitan area. A prime location for internships, Reading also offers a fine public museum, great jazz, the 9,000-seat Sovereign Center (concert venue and home of Reading Royals ice hockey), the newly renovated Performing Arts Center and a number of cosmopolitan restaurants ranging from French to Cuban to Indian. Reading also offers amazing outlet shopping and easy proximity to Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
To Do in Reading
- Berks Jazz Fest
- Central PA African-American Museum
- Reading Public Museum and Planetarium
- Reading Symphony Orchestra
- Sovereign Center
- Sovereign Performing Arts Center
Sports & Recreation
- Reading Phillies Baseball: AA Affiliate - Philadelphia Phillies
- Reading Royals Ice Hockey: AA Affiliate - Boston Bruins (NHL) and Toronto
- Reading United AC Soccer: D3 pro league
- Maple Grove Raceway: National Hot Rod Association race track
- Hawk Mountain Sanctuary: hiking and migratory bird watching (nearly 20,000 hawks, eagles and falcons)
- Blue Marsh Lake Recreational Area: hiking, biking, horseback riding, swimming, boating and water sports
A college experience is not only about academics, but about life experiences as well. Students at Albright are fortunate to have a wide variety of on-campus programming. Student Services puts together diverse programs that are educational and just plain fun.
However, the Reading and Berks County area also provides many unique opportunities. While the historic city of Reading is known for its outlet shopping, the area is also a great place for indoor and outdoor recreation, and the arts. Here are just a few of the off-campus activities and venues that Albright students may experience:
|Fitness and Indoor Recreation