In 1882 Selwyn Hall Academy erected Howe Hall, a one-story red brick building. In 1888 a second floor was added and it was turned into a chapel.
In 1902 Schuylkill Seminary (later Schuylkill College) purchased all four of the Selwyn Hall Academy buildings for $7,500 and in 1928 merged with Albright College.
It is unknown when the first coat of white paint was applied to Howe Hall, but students soon began referring to the building as "White Chapel," which it has been called since.
The building is currently unoccupied.
The Reverend M. A. DeWolfe Howe
The Reverend M. A. DeWolfe Howe was Bishop of the Central Pennsylvania Diocese of the Protestant Episcopal Church, which opened Selwyn Hall Academy on the site of the main campus in 1875.