Selwyn Hall-South was originally built in 1836 as a private residence known as Linden Hall. In 1875 the Central Pennsylvania Diocese of the Episcopal Protestant Church purchased the property and opened a military school known as Selwyn Hall Academy. The name Selwyn has remained with the building ever since.
The building was purchased in 1902 by Schuylkill Seminary, a predecessor to Albright College.
Selwyn Hall-North was constructed in 1928 as a dining hall and women's dormitory in preparation for the merger of Schuylkill College and Albright College in Meyerstown.
The Admission Office, Financial Aid Office, the Sociology Department, the Dean of Students, the Registrar's Office and the Office of Multi-Ethnic Student Affairs all call Selwyn Hall home.