Albright’s Science Center, a LEED-certified building and the College’s newest academic facility, includes the Merner-Pfeiffer Hall of Science, the Clarence A. Horn Wing and Trustee Hall.
Merner-Pfeiffer Hall of Science was built in 1929 in anticipation of the merger of Schuylkill College and Albright College, then located in Myerstown, Pa. An addition, the Clarence A. Horn Wing, was completed in 1961. Trustee Hall, a 41,000 square-foot addition, opened in the fall 2010. A complete renovation of the existing structure followed a year later.
The complex offers more than 78,000 square feet of state-of-the-art laboratory and classroom space and houses a wide variety of research-grade equipment. The science majors offered by Albright are biology, biotechnology, chemistry, biochemistry, physics, optics, psychobiology, environmental science, environmental chemistry and environmental studies, and pre-professional programs in pre-med, pre-dentistry and pre-veterinary medicine.