This historic farmhouse was acquired in 1924. It was originally named Sherman Cottage after Samuel Sherman, the building contractor who remodeled it and presented it to the College. In 1994, the building was renamed the V. Lester and Maryann Pushman Cottage.
In the 1940s and 1950s, Pushman Cottage served as a residence and lab for home economics students. These students would invite faculty and other Albrightians to luncheons and dinners to demonstrate hospitality, the ability to serve a meal and etiquette. Students also temporarily “adopted” an infant to care for as part of their coursework in childcare.
The building now houses the Alumni Relations Office.
Visit the Albright Alumni Association Web Site