Once called the gymnasium, Alumni Memorial Hall was erected in 1892 and had a connecting walkway to White Chapel where there was a lavatory and shower room for athletes. The second floor housed student athletes and was known as "The Lion's Den."
Although it is not named after one particular individual, more than 20 alumni and faculty are memorialized in this building.
In 1936, the building was remodeled and dedicated as Alumni Memorial Library. It served as the library until 1964, when the library moved to its current location. With classes called off for the day, more than 700 students and faculty formed a human chain and assisted in transferring books to the new library.
The English as a Second Language, Digital Media and Fashion, Merchandising, Textiles and Design Departments are now located in Alumni Memorial Hall.